What would you do?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby ScoobyChris » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:51 am

Kimosabe wrote:time cannot be wasted or saved, they are just constructs created by impatient people with no concept of time management.

Slightly O/T, but I like this quote :D

Chris (definitely not time-wasting in the office ;))
ScoobyChris

Postby roganjosh » Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:00 pm

I face a very similar problem, so not wishing to hijack your post I'll send a streetview of but mine goes from Dual, to 50, then approx 100yds 40 then 200yds Dual! Meanwhile, everyone blats past at a keen 70,80, 90mph looking at me with bewilderment! :D Somedays its worse than others, and on the rare occasion you get someone behind who is following the law to but 9/10 its really nasty!
The better you look; the more you see.
roganjosh

Postby trashbat » Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:54 am

I get this occasionally, and it frustrates.

I'm not going to encourage you to reduce your compliance, but remember that a lot of reduced speed limits begin a long distance from the hazard (e.g. area of housing) because of the expectation that people will slow down at some point beyond the signage. Since on a single carriageway, the increased speed limit on the opposite direction's exit from said hazard must be placed at the same point, you can find yourself waiting for the sign rather than the justification.

Therefore it might not be wholly unreasonable to be flexible with this in mind - of course, don't be fooled into thinking it's legally justifiable.

Positioning towards the centre line may assist here, but it is a subtle message that would be easily missed.

I've also previously discussed how you should behave if, upon reaching the NSL sign and at the moment of putting your foot down, a car behind moves to overtake. The consensus, if there was one, was that it is OK to continue with your manoeuvre as long as the overtaking car is still significantly behind. I'm not entirely convinced, but again make a judgement for the context, in particular based on the likely power of said cars and the resulting expectation of creating a high speed elephant race.
Rob - IAM F1RST, Alfa Romeo 156 JTS
trashbat

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum