Crash Cube

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby daz6215 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:40 pm

daz6215

Postby Oldie » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:46 pm

Fascinating. Later this month our IAM Group in Newbury has the head of the Thames Valley Police Forensic Investigation Unit (i.e the crash investigators) coming to talk to us. He's a wealth of information on this sort of topic so I'll make a point of asking what he knows/thinks about the Dutch project and try to post back here anything valuable.
IAM (Newbury Group Chief Observer, National Observer, Masters Distinction, Mentor for Masters), HPC member
Oldie

Postby daz6215 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:12 pm

I believe it is quite cutting edge this technology, be interesting to see if any collaboration is taking place, this is a link for devices fitted to emergency service vehicles

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... st2812.pdf
daz6215

Postby martine » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:51 am

Not sure I believe the hype...they state in the video that the analysis can be done at the scene and provide info to enable the appropriate trauma team to be despatched. Really? I'd have though any serious RTC would get the same response initially and the team on the ground would then make an assessment based on the patient symptoms not stats from the car relating to g-force which could be misleading for the individual occupants.

Potentially clever for collision investigation though...bit like an aircraft black box.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Return to General Car Chat Forum