Speeding

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Sat May 10, 2014 10:42 pm

TripleS wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:
PeterE wrote:You mean these, presumably.

There must be thousands of miles of NSL country lanes of similar standard, so you have to wonder why the council went to the trouble of implementing a 20 limit - possibly a localised problem of irresponsible motorbike riding or suchlike.

The fact there's moss growing in the middle of that lane suggests to me that perhaps it's not bikes that's the problem, but actually people driving too fast in cars then when they misjudge where the moss in the middle starts, hit it, then lose control. Or perhaps animals walking down there are common at certain points of the year because it looks like farmers who keep animals in the fields surrounding that road might use it to move herds around.

It's a 'no through road' so I very much doubt if it sees much traffic at all. There's only the one cottage at the corner, and some derelict farm buildings a bit further on, but there is no habitable farmhouse.

Looked again, and I see what you mean.
Seems a bit pointless then, huh? Maybe the people in the cottage felt that people drove down there too fast when they had visitors, so asked the council to put in an speed limit? (Or the usual case of complete lack of common sense exhibited by LA's) :lol:
TheInsanity1234

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum