Just When You Think You've Seen Everything

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby onlinegenie » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:47 am

This occurred when we were driving through Smethwick last weekend bringing our son's belongings home from Birmingham University for the summer. The car two in front of us was going at about 25 in a 30 limit, possibly because of the amount of parked cars and pedestrians. Immediately in front of us was a taxi. We reached a red traffic light. The slow-moving car stopped in the left-hand lane and the taxi in the right-turn only lane.

I know what you're thinking - you think I'm going to say that the taxi went straight ahead from the right-turn lane. Nothing so mundane - the taxi turned left, across the path of the car, which had to veer to avoid hitting it. How I wish we had a dash cam so we could have reported this to the police.
onlinegenie

Postby martine » Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:44 pm

That's quite weird. Do you think the 25 in a 30 and 'cutting up' were related?

Do you think maybe the taxi driver found himself in the wrong lane (call on the radio for a pickup perhaps) and then put his indicator on thinking the car would give way?

I'm just trying to think of more innocent explanations that's all.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby onlinegenie » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:59 pm

I suspect they were related, although I did think at the time that the taxi driver might have received a call asking him to go somewhere to pick up a fare. There was no indication. IMO if he had received a call asking him to go somewhere else he should have indicated, let the other car go, and hoped that I would let him in.
onlinegenie

Postby trashbat » Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:17 pm

Today I saw an elderly man drive the wrong way around a roundabout and take the 1 o'clock exit. Amazing.
Rob - IAM F1RST, Alfa Romeo 156 JTS
trashbat

Return to General Car Chat Forum