www.advanced-cycling.co.uk

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby revian » Sat Oct 18, 2014 8:35 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I don't like cyclists who have no manners. I'm not keen on anyone who has no manners. Some people have perfectly acceptable social skills in person, but choose to be belligerent on an internet forum.

Agreed....

It's the anonymity that often seems to spawn ill mannered behaviour...like anonymous attacks. Interestingly the Romans didn't tend to rely on it for accusations against others in the first century.
Wirral
revian

Postby Silk » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:03 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:Some people have perfectly acceptable social skills in person, but choose to be belligerent on an internet forum.

I know what you mean. You seemed a thoroughly decent chap when I met you. :wink:
Silk

Postby Silk » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:58 pm

revian wrote:
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I don't like cyclists who have no manners. I'm not keen on anyone who has no manners. Some people have perfectly acceptable social skills in person, but choose to be belligerent on an internet forum.

Agreed....

It's the anonymity that often seems to spawn ill mannered behaviour.

That may be true if it wasn't for the fact that quite a few people on this forum have met in real life. Almost certainly more than would be the case with most Internet forums.
Silk

Postby revian » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:34 pm

Silk wrote:
revian wrote:

Agreed....

It's the anonymity that often seems to spawn ill mannered behaviour.

That may be true if it wasn't for the fact that quite a few people on this forum have met in real life. Almost certainly more than would be the case with most Internet forums.

Doesn't that leave less excuse for rudeness? I'm not accusing just observing the exchanges.
Wirral
revian

Postby Silk » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:35 pm

revian wrote:Doesn't that leave less excuse for rudeness? I'm not accusing just observing the exchanges.

Just a bit of fun. Nothing to be concerned about.
Silk

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Well I for one can confirm that this forum, despite the occasional spat within members is still a much more friendly forum than, say, Pistonheads.
TheInsanity1234

Postby Gromit37 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:12 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:Well I for one can confirm that this forum, despite the occasional spat within members is still a much more friendly forum than, say, Pistonheads.

Don't go spreading vicious rumours like that... we'll get more of the rabble joining us! :lol:

I can say that, as a thoroughly rude, obnoxious, lazy, sometime lycra wearing cyclist, I do not want any extra competition here on ADUK. I have a reputation to preserve. Anonymously!

Gromit
Gromit37

Postby Carbon Based » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:41 pm

Gromit37 wrote:...sometime lycra wearing cyclist, I do not want any extra competition here on ADUK.

Too late. The weather is close to to "lycra running gear" levels. :shock:
Carbon Based

Postby Gromit37 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:39 pm

Carbon Based wrote:
Gromit37 wrote:...sometime lycra wearing cyclist, I do not want any extra competition here on ADUK.

I hope you didn't mean a close lycra tutu? Scary thought!
Gromit37

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:32 pm

Gromit37 wrote:
Carbon Based wrote:

I hope you didn't mean a close lycra tutu? Scary thought!

That'll be chilly for the never-you-minds.
TheInsanity1234

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum