Theory Test

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:16 pm

So, just to let you all know, I've booked my theory test for the 3rd of December!

(Yes, that's my 17th birthday!)

I'm very confident I'll be able to pass because I've read the highway code through when I was about 10, and have done so on other occasions between then and now :lol:

The main nub of my "revision" will be on the hazard perception, as I always cock up the hazard perception by clicking too early, then realising what I've done, and subsequently clicking too late :evil:

Have you guys got any idea of how many clips the hazard perception component has in its resources?

Only because most revision tools seem to only have access to 14, or 28 clips which is annoying because when I've done them once, I find I can memorise the approximate positioning of the hazard windows which results in false scores as I can click more or less on 5 every time afterwards.
TheInsanity1234

Postby dombooth » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:59 pm

Good luck. :)

I passed mine on the morning of my 17th too. :) very satisfying...

Dom
Dominic Booth
Chesterfield IAM Chairman & Webmaster
IAM F1RST & RoADAR Gold

ALL OF MY POSTS ARE OF MY OPINION ONLY AND NOT THAT OF MY GROUP UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.
dombooth

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:31 pm

dombooth wrote:Good luck. :)

Dom

Have booked it for the afternoon. 3:00 pm booking I think

Only because I have P.E Wednesday afternoons and this is an ideal excuse to get out of a hour and 20 minutes of non-voluntary physical movement! :mrgreen:
TheInsanity1234

Postby dombooth » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:19 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:

Dom

Only because I have P.E Wednesday afternoons and this is an ideal excuse to get out of a hour and 20 minutes of non-voluntary physical movement! :mrgreen:

It's an awesome excuse!

Dom
Dominic Booth
Chesterfield IAM Chairman & Webmaster
IAM F1RST & RoADAR Gold

ALL OF MY POSTS ARE OF MY OPINION ONLY AND NOT THAT OF MY GROUP UNLESS OTHERWISE STATED.
dombooth

Postby skodatezzer » Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:15 am

TheInsanity1234 wrote:

Dom

Ah, a man after my own heart when it comes to physical exertion. Good luck with the test!
IAM National Observer. Chair, E. Surrey IAM.
skodatezzer

Postby Slink_Pink » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:43 am

TheInsanity1234 wrote:So, just to let you all know, I've booked my theory test for the 3rd of December!

(Yes, that's my 17th birthday!)

I'm very confident I'll be able to pass because I've read the highway code through when I was about 10, and have done so on other occasions between then and now :lol:

The main nub of my "revision" will be on the hazard perception, as I always cock up the hazard perception by clicking too early, then realising what I've done, and subsequently clicking too late :evil:

Have you guys got any idea of how many clips the hazard perception component has in its resources?

Only because most revision tools seem to only have access to 14, or 28 clips which is annoying because when I've done them once, I find I can memorise the approximate positioning of the hazard windows which results in false scores as I can click more or less on 5 every time afterwards.

This site says that there is a bank of 200 scenes from which the 14 are taken. I think the point is that you're supposed to be able to work it out rather than memorise, although never having done the hazard perception I don't know how realistic it is and I suspect that there's a technique to passing. Sounds like you'll be ok though.

P.S. Personally, I wouldn't be posting the date of my birth on an unrestricted part of the Internet, but that's just me - it seems to be a popular pass time with the youth of today!
Q: "Need I remind you, 007, that you have a license to kill, not to break the traffic laws."
Slink_Pink

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:16 pm

dombooth wrote:It's an awesome excuse!

Dom

Aye indeed!

skodatezzer wrote:Ah, a man after my own heart when it comes to physical exertion. Good luck with the test!

I like cars because you can go very fast whilst sitting down! Marvellous! :mrgreen:

Slink_Pink wrote:This site says that there is a bank of 200 scenes from which the 14 are taken. I think the point is that you're supposed to be able to work it out rather than memorise, although never having done the hazard perception I don't know how realistic it is and I suspect that there's a technique to passing. Sounds like you'll be ok though.

I don't intend on memorising them and stuff, I just wanted to know how many there were available just so I know I won't accidentally revise all of them whilst tumbling around revision sites lol.

P.S. Personally, I wouldn't be posting the date of my birth on an unrestricted part of the Internet, but that's just me - it seems to be a popular pass time with the youth of today!

Well, my name isn't available for everyone to see, so I could be one of the many people who were born on the 3rd of December! :lol:
TheInsanity1234

Postby Gromit37 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:58 pm

Apparently, despite my outward appearance, the way they talk to me, a lot of people think I was born yesterday. :|

Good luck on the tests. Just don't click too early like most experienced drivers do.
Gromit37

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:41 pm

Gromit37 wrote:Apparently, despite my outward appearance, the way they talk to me, a lot of people think I was born yesterday. :|

Good luck on the tests. Just don't click too early like most experienced drivers do.

Heh, I'm 16, going on to 17, but 90% of people I talk to claim they thought I was in my early 20's, because of my outward appearance and unusually mature attitude.
TheInsanity1234

Postby triquet » Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:52 pm

Take it steady and relax. Don't get too trigger-happy with the hazard perception tests and you'll be fine.
Jim
Offshore Engineer and Master of Music
triquet

Return to General Car Chat Forum