What was your first car?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby revian » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:44 pm

WhoseGeneration wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote: I'm also aware of my short temper and my ability to find fault in just about anything if I don't like it, which won't help me in situations where I have to accommodate someone's misjudgement or something.
It's the AD though which also gives us the ability to just go about our way, in the main, tolerating others and their inadequacies

+1 it's helped me to create more space around me, in reality and in my mind. That way the errors/attitudes of others or just the complexities of developing situations are less likey to inflict themselves on me... I still occasionally rant about idiots though... :D
Wirral
revian

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:13 pm

WhoseGeneration wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote: I'm also aware of my short temper and my ability to find fault in just about anything if I don't like it, which won't help me in situations where I have to accommodate someone's misjudgement or something.

You should further comtemplate this statement and then consider the benefits of an AD course.
I'm not sure you've truly appreciated what AD is about.
Fact is, we all here could drive in the aggressive manner many do, with no regard for any other and, probably with no consequence, because of our AD training which gives us the thinking about any decision.
It's the AD though which also gives us the ability to just go about our way, in the main, tolerating others and their inadequacies

Isn't AD just about learning how to shuffle a wheel and how to wear a flat cap in a Rover or a Volvo? ;) :mrgreen:

But on a serious note, I have already noticed what you say about AD teaching you to remain calm even though others make mistakes all the time.

Also, I meant to add on to the end of that statement that being aware of my short temper has enabled me to restrain myself in many more situations than I would've previously, so I am improving.

revian wrote:+1 it's helped me to create more space around me, in reality and in my mind. That way the errors/attitudes of others or just the complexities of developing situations are less likey to inflict themselves on me... I still occasionally rant about idiots though... :D

Ranting is good for your health! It relives stress and can help you to feel relaxed afterwards.

So keep ranting! :lol:
TheInsanity1234

Postby superplum » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:03 pm

Slightly off-topic but:

1961 Ford Anglia 105E, 997cc, Ambassador Blue and XRD 930
:evil:
superplum

Postby fungus » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:04 pm

TheInsanity1234 wrote:Ranting is good for your health! It relives stress and can help you to feel relaxed afterwards.

So keep ranting!

I have a very short temper which has been a battle all my life to control. I have a general intollerance of people who should know better, but I am very tollerant of those who I would expect not to ie. those learning a task.

I don't know about ranting being a stress releiver. I think it may sometimes increases it.
Nigel ADI
IAM observer
fungus

Postby revian » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:49 pm

fungus wrote:
TheInsanity1234 wrote:Ranting is good for your health! It relives stress and can help you to feel relaxed afterwards.

So keep ranting!

I have a very short temper which has been a battle all my life to control. I have a general intollerance of people who should know better, but I am very tollerant of those who I would expect not to ie. those learning a task.

I don't know about ranting being a stress releiver. I think it may sometimes increases it.

I've had my moments but generally don't anymore...DV 8) But they can occur when I'm tired or particularly stressed...

Rant as a quick explode may be ok if not face-to-face.... Festering isn't helpful...I think there is a place and time for anger - though it's easy to mistake when and where this is!
Wirral
revian

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:39 pm

fungus wrote:I don't know about ranting being a stress releiver. I think it may sometimes increases it.

It can increase stress if you choose the wrong time to do it, but if you pick an appropriate time and place, with an willing listener, it can do wonders!
TheInsanity1234

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum