dash camera advice

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby akirk » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:17 pm

I think there is a lot of valid comment here - but we are missing a crucial point...
- it is a gadget with a blue led gently glowing in the corner :D

I like gadgets!
I would love to think that I remember detail - that I spot all hazards - that my driving is perfect... but sadly I suspect that a couple of those might not be true 100% of the time!

It is a fun & cheap tool which might add value...
I have been out in two of my cars this morning - it is still sitting on my desk... it will be there when I want to use it... I would hope that I am in control of the gadgets - not the other way around.

Alasdair
akirk

Postby Horse » Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:40 pm

Rick101 wrote:Do you remember your exact speed

I was discussing this with an accident investigator; the gist was that a user shouldn't expect accuracy.
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby WhoseGeneration » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:56 pm

Rick101 wrote:Do you remember your exact speed, g force, road condition and able to recall the vehicles around you too?

Pretty much, apart from exact speed to within 1mph and g force.
Then, my memory is very visually based.
However, my comment was rather more biased towards how it would appear we're moving towards a surveillance society with, it would appear, many gleefully signing up to that.
Let's all watch each other 24/7.
Always a commentary, spoken or not.
Keeps one safe. One hopes.
WhoseGeneration

Postby michael769 » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:05 pm

WhoseGeneration wrote:However, my comment was rather more biased towards how it would appear we're moving towards a surveillance society with, it would appear, many gleefully signing up to that.
Let's all watch each other 24/7.

I'd say the boat has long sailed on us begin surveillance society. The state has been filming us as we use major cities and main roads for decades now.
Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open
Thomas Robert Dewar(1864-1930)
michael769

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum