Driving test next week!

For discussion of topics relating to the Driving Standards Agency Learner Test (DSA L Test) and contribution by ADI's (Approved Driving Instructors)

Postby jadder » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:13 pm

Hey guys,
So I have my driving test coming up, and I'm so nervous, so I was wondering whether anyone has any tips? And if you have failed your first time, what did you fail on?

Thankyou :)
jadder

Postby Laurence Jacquemin » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:08 pm

To help with nerves here are a few things I do with my pupils to help relax them on test day http://www.drivingcrawley.co.uk/blog/dealing-with-test-day-nerves

In terms of any tips, have you been doing lessons with a driving instructor? If so, if they are a half decent instructor they would only send you to your test when you are ready to pass, to tell this you should be able to drive for at least an hour without your instructor offering ANY help (i.e. no little hints, no confirmation of your doubts etc.), if you are at this standard then you should have no problem with passing the test, that said people can make random mistakes on test, so there is no guarantee of a pass.
DVSA ADI (www.drivingcrawley.co.uk)
IAM Masters, DIAmond Advanced, RoSPA Gold
Laurence Jacquemin

Postby TheInsanity1234 » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:18 pm

One of the best things you could do is simply relax.

Just think of the test as taking someone out for a drive.

That's what I did, and I completed the 40 minutes and passed with 2 minors first time.

The minors were for approaching a junction too quickly, and for steering (accidentally shifted the steering a bit when checking my blind spot while joining a dual carriageway).
TheInsanity1234

Return to Learner Driver Forum