Driving entitlement and supervision

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving and training for LGV, HGV, PCV, Minibus's etc type vehicles.

Postby Angus » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:08 pm

A new regulation came in a few months ago, where you can't supervise a "learner" in the 3.5 to 7.5 tonne or towing classes, unless you've actually passed those classes (as opposed to getting them by virtue of having passed the car test before 1997.

My question is, if I take either of those tests, and fail, can/will they remove the existing entitlement from my licence?
Angus

Postby ROG » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Angus wrote: if I take either of those tests, and fail, can/will they remove the existing entitlement from my licence?

NO
BUT - if you have to send your licence to DVLA then make damn sure you get it scanned (to save in your PC) and then print out copies
Get those copies signed as true by someone in authority such as a police officer, GP, teacher etc

Remember to scan & print both sides of the photocard a paper parts.
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby vonhosen » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:29 pm

If you pass those tests now, you have to wait 3 years before you can supervise. If you had taken the tests before 6th April 2010 you wouldn't have had to wait 3 years to supervise.
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Postby Angus » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Rog - thanks for the advice. I think that holds true if you EVER send your licence to Swansea.

Von - That is going to seriously p**s off a friend who is about to take the 7.5 tonne test just so he can allow an employee to gain experience before she takes the test.
Angus

Postby ROG » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:30 am

ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Return to LGV, HGV, PCV Driving Forum