Are the Approved Driving Instructors necessary for learning

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving and training for LGV, HGV, PCV, Minibus's etc type vehicles.

Postby martine » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:43 pm

Renny wrote:To me, this new poster is either fishing, has a poor grasp of english language, or is being rather obtuse in general. Nothing in his profile gives any clue about his location or interest in Advanced Driving.

Just to say - I have been in contact with johnadi and we'll see. For the moment I would suggest we give him the benefit of doubt.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Horse » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:50 pm

martine wrote: Just to say - I have been in contact with johnadi and we'll see. For the moment I would suggest we give him the benefit of doubt.

OK, in that case I'll take it at face value and chip in, and trust I'm not wasting my time :)

Simply, 'No', not necessary. People learn in many ways (e.g. hand into fire = ouch, hot! = don't do it again)

Where an instructor is likely to be necessary is when there's a 'test' and particular requirements must be achieved.

The mid-way is when there's a safety benefit from being accompanied by someone who can stop you (eg "Slowly move your hand closer to the flame, how does it feel?") and take the necessary precautions to prevent damage or harm.
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby Horse » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:04 pm

martine wrote: Just to say - I have been in contact with johnadi and we'll see. For the moment I would suggest we give him the benefit of doubt.

Do we measure the wait in hours or glacial timescales . . . ? :?
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby martine » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:13 am

Just to say I've now banned Johnadi as he has been posting almost irrelevant junk and has now stopped responding to the discussion. Weird one - not an obvious spammer or spambot but still cluttering up the forum with odd threads and not contributing constructively. :?

if anyone disagrees with the ban please pm me.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Horse » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:10 am

Horse wrote:

OK, in that case I'll take it at face value and chip in, and trust I'm not wasting my time :)

Someone's just told me that the word 'gullible' isn't in the OED :)
Horse

Postby Renny » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:07 pm

martine wrote:Just to say I've now banned Johnadi as he has been posting almost irrelevant junk and has now stopped responding to the discussion. Weird one - not an obvious spammer or spambot but still cluttering up the forum with odd threads and not contributing constructively. :?

if anyone disagrees with the ban please pm me.

Don't disagree with you. It did seem like a very intelligent spambot with poor grasp of english :lol:
Renny
MM0KOZ
MSA Scrutineer (Note: Any comments posted here are my own views and not those of the MSA)
BMW 118d Sport Image
Land Rover Discoveryhttp://www.disco3.co.uk
Lotus Elise S2 http://www.scottishelises.com

Renny

Postby Horse » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:05 pm

chriskay wrote:
Horse wrote:Someone's just told me that the word 'gullible' isn't in the OED :)

If you believe that you must be pretty gullible. :D

If you believe I believed it . . . :lol:
Horse

Previous

Return to LGV, HGV, PCV Driving Forum