failed my lvg cpc module 2. Need help!!!!!!

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving and training for LGV, HGV, PCV, Minibus's etc type vehicles.

Postby jay01 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:36 pm

hi can anyone help i have been studying for my cpc module 2 test for weeks i have failed twice now first time i got 35 out of 40 and today i got 38 out of 40 (really frustrating) the information i have to revise with is from my lvg training company. i have been looking all over the internet to try to find out what eles i can use to help. has anyone who has passed or thats studying help PLEASE. i have got my next test in two weeks time :shock:
jay01

Postby exportmanuk » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi

You could look up your local Institute of Transport Administrators. They deliver training in this area on knowledge.

Their website is not brilliant http://www.iota.org.uk/ but they have some very knowledgeable guys.
exportmanuk

Postby ROG » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:59 pm

jay01 wrote:hi can anyone help i have been studying for my cpc module 2 test for weeks i have failed twice now first time i got 35 out of 40 and today i got 38 out of 40 (really frustrating) the information i have to revise with is from my lvg training company. i have been looking all over the internet to try to find out what eles i can use to help. has anyone who has passed or thats studying help PLEASE. i have got my next test in two weeks time :shock:

What you need to pass initial LGV dcpc mod 2 theory test ....
LGV theory book/dvd
Driving large goods vehicles book
Common sense

Only you can provide the last but have the training company provided the first two?
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby ROG » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:02 pm

http://www.trucknetuk.com/phpBB/viewtop ... 67#p503947
MODULE 2 - Case Studies for the (IDCPC)
• Each test will be made up of 3 realistic scenarios (from a bank of 7) a driver may encounter in their working life - each one with 6-8 questions, with a possible maximum score of 50 (of which the pass mark will be 38 ).
• Candidates will be allowed 1½ hrs to complete this module.
• Cost of this test is £30.00

If you got 38 then that is a pass but it is out of 50 not 40 so I am a little confused !!

Just read some updated info and it seems the pass mark is now 40 and not 38
Last edited by ROG on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby ROG » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:17 pm

exportmanuk wrote:Hi

You could look up your local Institute of Transport Administrators. They deliver training in this area on knowledge.

Their website is not brilliant http://www.iota.org.uk/ but they have some very knowledgeable guys.

They only do periodic dcpc not initial dcpc
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Return to LGV, HGV, PCV Driving Forum