failed my lgv class 2

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving and training for LGV, HGV, PCV, Minibus's etc type vehicles.

Postby yorkie72 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:20 am

hi all,i am new to this site,i am a experienced 7.5 ton driver and a automatic pcv driver fancied a change and did my lgv class 2 last thursday~(11/7/13) but failed on the reserve,,,how many others failed on this,thxs
yorkie72

Postby cliftonite » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:14 pm

The only difficulty I had with the set-piece reverse (PCV test) was stopping with the rear of the coach within the 1-metre box. It was then pointed out to me that the top of the hinge of the fuel filler cap coincided with the back of the coach (when viewed in the mirror). I had no diffuculty with placing the vehicle after that!

Is there something suitable for use as a marker on your truck?

The thought of having failed the test before actually hitting the road is depressing, to say the least!! :-(
cliftonite

Postby yorkie72 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:36 pm

hi mate,there is a marker on the lorry ,so i know when that shows on the box,the back of my lorry great,,i know my mistake was not to get over in the box enough,,,we all got to learn from these mistakes
yorkie72

Postby ROG » Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:53 pm

yorkie72 wrote:hi mate,there is a marker on the lorry ,so i know when that shows on the box,the back of my lorry great,,i know my mistake was not to get over in the box enough,,,we all got to learn from these mistakes

I think you are saying is that when you set up at the start of the reverse you positioned too far to the right which did not leave you enough turning room to avoid the B cone ?

If you ever realise that again then tell the examiner that you need to re-position before starting the test - it is not a mark against you to do that and your instructor should have informed you of this
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Return to LGV, HGV, PCV Driving Forum