Zoom Zoom

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby Hiijinx » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:27 pm

Hello all,

Been reading through the many hundreds of messages over the last few days and thought it about time I said hi :D

My names Ricky , 22 from Brighton, passed IAM last year and am currently building up to my Rospa test.

Recently became the proud owner of a Mazda 2 Sport (hence the title) in a Shrek-ish green and it really has made driving so much more fun than the old underpowered MPV lookalike thing we used to own!

Very nice to see such a friendly forum where people have NAMES and not numbers!

Hope to get to know you all and maybe see you on the road!

Ricky/Hiijinx
Hiijinx

Postby gannet » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:52 pm

welcome along - we also have a Mazda 2 Sport :D mrs gannet's car though so it doesn't get out to play on the AD-UK days :shock:
-- Gannet.
Membership Secretary, East Surrey Group of Advanced Motorists
Driving: Citroen DS3 DSport 1.6THP / MINI Cooper Coupe :D
Riding: Airnimal Joey Sport... (helps with the commute into London during the week!)
ImageImage
gannet

Postby GJD » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:18 pm

Hello and welcome Ricky. I think I know the shade of green your car must be - I get terrorised by a Shrek coloured Mazda 2 on the way to work occasionally. Very easy to see it coming :).
GJD

Postby Hiijinx » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:36 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys :)

@ gannet - awesome, out of interest, do you find that the fuel gauge is a bit over cautious? Seems to flash empty when infact it still has over 10l of fuel in the tank :shock:

@ GJD Hehe yeah its one of these(below), can hardly miss it can you? That and my orange wooley hat my girlfriend calls me the tictac man :lol:

Hiijinx

Postby gannet » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:45 am

Hiijinx wrote:@ gannet - awesome, out of interest, do you find that the fuel gauge is a bit over cautious? Seems to flash empty when infact it still has over 10l of fuel in the tank :shock:

just a little bit :o We can run it til the computer says 0 miles left and still there's about 5 litres/35 miles left! I mentioned it at the service and they shrugged and said they all do that... Still I'd rather it be that way around than more optimistic...

Also mentioned the shocking mpg (lower than expected), and they couldnt find anything wrong - must be our heavy right feet :lol: 8)

ours is a 2009 '59' in Silver so a little less of a shocking colour...
-- Gannet.
Membership Secretary, East Surrey Group of Advanced Motorists
Driving: Citroen DS3 DSport 1.6THP / MINI Cooper Coupe :D
Riding: Airnimal Joey Sport... (helps with the commute into London during the week!)
ImageImage
gannet

Postby Hiijinx » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:39 pm

Just tested ours today and it seems to do the same as you mentioned, flashing empty for about 15-20 minutes with 0 miles left, and 5 litres left in the tank but I suppose your right, better this way round than the other! I do miss the old fashioned gauge though!
That and my old MPG trip computer as this one doesnt change! Never once in my old car were two trips the same, but this has been stuck at 40.6 since I bought it. :? Just doesn't seem to add up, with the current MPG often showing 60-70 and the usual 99.9 when off the gas - who knows, its fun to drive atleast!
Hiijinx

Return to Introductions