Hello

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby sussex2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:21 am

I've just joined and just found this website and forum.
Brief history:
Been driving since I was 17 (which is all I'm prepared to say) was an ADI for a number of years, and a chauffeur for a good few.
Had the Rospa Class one test and the repeater tests plus I took the advanced instructing course, up in the West Midlands area.
I gave up instruction and driving other people around a good while back and now only drive for pleasure here and abroad.
I still drive according to the 'system' well, most of the time as it is so ingrained. I've read the latest version of Roadcraft and keep as up to date as possible. However I do find the latest version, putting it politely, overly complicated.
Anyway greetings and all the best
ps I live in the South East as the username suggests
I'm not bothered about the old Romanians and Bulgarians but the Old Etonians scare me rigid.
sussex2

Postby jcochrane » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:14 am

Welcome. I also live in the south east. So if you fancy a drive do PM me.
jcochrane

Location: East Surrey and wherever good driving roads can be found.

Postby sussex2 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:28 am

jcochrane wrote:Welcome. I also live in the south east. So if you fancy a drive do PM me.

Thanks for the offer.
I was bought up in the Upper Norwood and my first after school and saturday job was in Surrey St market. I went to school at Stanley Tech and that got me interested in machines; nothing else at all :lol:
I'm not bothered about the old Romanians and Bulgarians but the Old Etonians scare me rigid.
sussex2

Postby gannet » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:13 pm

welcome from another in the south east :D
-- Gannet.
Membership Secretary, East Surrey Group of Advanced Motorists
Driving: Citroen DS3 DSport 1.6THP / MINI Cooper Coupe :D
Riding: Airnimal Joey Sport... (helps with the commute into London during the week!)
ImageImage
gannet

Postby martine » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:17 pm

Hi Sussex!

Welcome to ADUK - hope you enjoy the forum and perhaps we'll meet sometime at an ADUK driving day sometime soon.

What do you drive?
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby sussex2 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:19 am

martine wrote:Hi Sussex!

Welcome to ADUK - hope you enjoy the forum and perhaps we'll meet sometime at an ADUK driving day sometime soon.

What do you drive?

Thank you for the welcome..
I drive:
An MX5 (1.6 California)
Seat Ibiza Tdi Fr 130
Ford Focus Tdci Zetec
sussex2

Postby martine » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:12 pm

Excellent selection of cars!

Hope you enjoy the forum.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Zebedee » Tue May 15, 2012 11:10 pm

sussex2 wrote:I've read the latest version of Roadcraft and keep as up to date as possible. However I do find the latest version, putting it politely, overly complicated.

:?: I'm not sure why, but the previous version of Roadcraft seemed easier to digest. The new one does seem overly complicated, although I imagine the intention was quite the opposite.
Zebedee

Postby sussex2 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:34 am

Zebedee wrote:
sussex2 wrote:I've read the latest version of Roadcraft and keep as up to date as possible. However I do find the latest version, putting it politely, overly complicated.

:?: I'm not sure why, but the previous version of Roadcraft seemed easier to digest. The new one does seem overly complicated, although I imagine the intention was quite the opposite.

Why it needs to be twice as thick as the older versions is beyond me.
The 'simple but efficient' mantra seems to have been lost.
sussex2

Return to Introductions