Hi from Suffolk

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby kwaka jack » Tue May 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Hello all,

My name is Jack and im 24. Just passed my Class C test 2 weeks ago, got my C+E booked for the end of the month with my CPC theory next week need to start revising for that really lol.

I've been driving for 7 years now and riding for 5 and althought very interested in driving I never really thought about advancing my driving skill since taking my rigid course it's opened my eyes to the standard of driving that most people have on the road and how much as you rely on other people's driving to help with making safe progress in a larger vehicle and indeed any other vehicle I for one do not wish to be that person so decided to have a look on the recommendation of another user and also get some tutiton from a more qualifed driver. I'm sure I'll come up with loads of questions to ask at some point.

Jack.
kwaka jack

Postby jameslb101 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:11 pm

Hi Jack (no pun intended) and welcome,

I love your car and bike from the other thread - that 5-pot motor in the ST does the job doesn't it. Although with the help of a remap it may give the performance of a V8, it drinks like one too!

James
jameslb101

Postby kwaka jack » Tue May 08, 2012 10:22 pm

jameslb101 wrote:Hi Jack (no pun intended) and welcome,

I love your car and bike from the other thread - that 5-pot motor in the ST does the job doesn't it. Although with the help of a remap it may give the performance of a V8, it drinks like one too!

James

Way ahead of ya there James, it's currently running full mongoose exhuast, Radtec intercooler and induction kit with a remap. not had it on the rollers but the map is claimed at around a 290ish and gas guzzler does'nt come anywhere near lol on a cold night a few months ago I saw 6.6MPG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
kwaka jack

Postby jameslb101 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:44 pm

kwaka jack wrote:Way ahead of ya there James, it's currently running full mongoose exhuast, Radtec intercooler and induction kit with a remap. not had it on the rollers but the map is claimed at around a 290ish and gas guzzler does'nt come anywhere near lol on a cold night a few months ago I saw 6.6MPG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:shock: indeed

My T5 seems to settle in the low twenties around town, mid to high-twenties on a run and low thirties on the motorway. And there was I about to complain about it...

Mind you, my previous Polo only did 5-10 mpg better in most cases, a fair trade off for 2.5x the power I would say!
jameslb101

Postby ROG » Wed May 09, 2012 8:10 am

welcome :D

I have assisted/observed quite a few LGV drivers for their advanced and they all did it in super quick time because they already had great observation and planning skills - bit hard not to when driving LGVs !!

I was a LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008 so know what you are going through in regards to training

passed my Class C test 2 weeks ago

ImageImageImage
Image Image :D Image :D
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby kwaka jack » Wed May 09, 2012 6:33 pm

jameslb101 wrote:
kwaka jack wrote:Way ahead of ya there James, it's currently running full mongoose exhuast, Radtec intercooler and induction kit with a remap. not had it on the rollers but the map is claimed at around a 290ish and gas guzzler does'nt come anywhere near lol on a cold night a few months ago I saw 6.6MPG :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:shock: indeed

My T5 seems to settle in the low twenties around town, mid to high-twenties on a run and low thirties on the motorway. And there was I about to complain about it...

Mind you, my previous Polo only did 5-10 mpg better in most cases, a fair trade off for 2.5x the power I would say!

I think it done that when the lamba sensor did'nt want to work anymore. Mine does somewhere simaliar to your's now....when I'm careful :roll: lol
kwaka jack

Postby kwaka jack » Wed May 09, 2012 6:35 pm

ROG wrote:welcome :D

I have assisted/observed quite a few LGV drivers for their advanced and they all did it in super quick time because they already had great observation and planning skills - bit hard not to when driving LGVs !!

I was a LGV instructor from 2005 to 2008 so know what you are going through in regards to training

passed my Class C test 2 weeks ago

ImageImageImage
Image Image :D Image :D

Thanks. Speaking of advanced a work mate and I and gonna try to convince our boss if he will pay for a skid pan course for our CPC not very advanced but good fun :lol: :lol: :lol:
kwaka jack

Postby adamthegianthippo » Wed May 09, 2012 7:27 pm

Hi Jack,

I'm also from Suffolk! When i'm not at Uni I live near Bury St Edmunds. If you ever feel like a drive just drop me a PM, or if you want a opinion on the advanced driving groups of the area (IAM and RoSPA) as I was a member of both.

Adam
adamthegianthippo

Postby kwaka jack » Wed May 09, 2012 8:17 pm

adamthegianthippo wrote:Hi Jack,

I'm also from Suffolk! When i'm not at Uni I live near Bury St Edmunds. If you ever feel like a drive just drop me a PM, or if you want a opinion on the advanced driving groups of the area (IAM and RoSPA) as I was a member of both.

Adam

Cheers Adam, I may very well take you up on your offer at some point.
kwaka jack

Return to Introductions