New Member from West Sussex

A place for new members to introduce themselves and give some background information as to their experience with driving, likes, dislikes etc. It is advisable to post here first before posting to other forum's on the site.

Postby EdgarF » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi, I have just joined this forum. I passed my first RoSPA advanced test in December 1986 and gained a Gold. Well it was called Class 1 then, but RoSPA rather wisely changed the names to avoid confusion with the far more demanding police qualification. I have since kept up the standard and, after taking early retirement and finding myself with a bit more time on my hands, joined my local RoSPA group a couple of years ago and started tutoring. I find this immensely enjoyable, not just because I get to meet lots of nice, like-minded people, but also because I feel, in a small way, that I am giving something back to society. Last year I took the diploma course. This was extremely enjoyable and I learned a lot, not just about tutoring but also about improving my own driving. I know that I still have a lot to learn and am looking forward to taking an active role in this forum. I know that there are a lot of people out there who are far better drivers and tutors than me and I can gain a lot from them.
EdgarF

Postby skodatezzer » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the chat and banter on here - it's a friendly place, with the additional attraction that many of us actually know each other, and meet up to drive together. Perhaps some of the upcoming driving days might interest you, they provide a fantastic opportunity to go out with other like-minded individuals in order to develop as drivers in a relaxed and fun environment. Have a look at the "drivers network" section, and maybe meet you at an event sometime.
IAM National Observer. Chair, E. Surrey IAM.
skodatezzer

Return to Introductions