Whats next?

Discussion on Advanced and Defensive Driving.

Postby MGF » Wed May 06, 2015 8:23 pm

StressedDave wrote:
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I couldn't find any corroborating evidence either, but I guess it happens at 70. This was something said by JL himself to a client, so unless he's got it wrong himself, I see no reason to question it.

I doubt it's true because it would be age discrimination...

Unlike the other protected characteristics, direct age discrimination may be objectively justified. Retesting after a certain age doesn't appear to be too much of a hurdle for the authorities to overcome.
MGF

Postby clearestimage » Thu May 07, 2015 10:45 am

I emailed Andy Morrison yesterday and have already received a very positive reply from him. May well be meeting up with him in June or July.
Approved Car Tutor with RoSPA ADAR.
clearestimage

Postby clearestimage » Thu May 07, 2015 1:28 pm

RoADAR have undergone many changes in recent years and one of those is the rebadging of Observers to 'Approved Car Tutors'. Doesn't matter to me what they call us as we still do the same job. If it makes them happy at HQ.

Thanks to whoever posted the link to AbeBooks. I have just ordered a copy. I have also had a couple of PMs regarding the ADUK driving day in June which I may well attend. After that I will decide what to do about the HPC. The main '?' over that would simply be one of the cost and what the better half would think of e spending the best part of a grand on a driving course. She thinks the Gold is more than enough.
Approved Car Tutor with RoSPA ADAR.
clearestimage

Postby martine » Thu May 07, 2015 4:27 pm

clearestimage wrote:...She thinks the Gold is more than enough.

Some people just don't understand us... :wink:
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Previous

Return to Advanced Driving Forum