'timed out' message

Suggestions for site improvements. Forum and Advanced Driving UK announcements such as events, changes to the system and general information people should know about.

Postby Gareth » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:44 pm

After composing a reply, I selected the Submit button and a 'response timed out' message appeared. It's not helpful if the forum software is configured to disallow a reply when the author has spent a little bit of time trying to make sure it says the correct things.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...
Gareth

Postby hir » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:24 pm

Gareth wrote:After composing a reply, I selected the Submit button and a 'response timed out' message appeared. It's not helpful if the forum software is configured to disallow a reply when the author has spent a little bit of time trying to make sure it says the correct things.

Hi Gareth, I agree. Very frustrating and incredibly annoying.

The only way to avoid losing the draft is to highlight, right click and copy before previewing or posting it. That way you can always re-compose the post if it times-out.

It seems that one is allowed time only to compose something short and pithy. Something along the lines of... "I'm a really good driving instructor. I have had lots of training to be a really good driving instructor. If you want to have lessons with a really good driving instructor then contact me because I'm a really good driving instructor" :lol: :lol: :lol:
hir

Postby TripleS » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:03 am

I had this problem some years ago - I think it was on ADUK - but I haven't encountered the problem recently, so I reckoned somebody must have adjusted something to put it right for us. It appears the problem has returned, but what sort of time allowance are we talking about?

It's not very long ago that I was posting some lengthy waffles here. :D

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby hir » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:59 am

TripleS wrote:I had this problem some years ago - I think it was on ADUK - but I haven't encountered the problem recently, so I reckoned somebody must have adjusted something to put it right for us. It appears the problem has returned, but what sort of time allowance are we talking about?

It's not very long ago that I was posting some lengthy waffles here. :D

Best wishes all,
Dave.

You're right, it's only recently re-appeared as a problem. I haven't yet worked out how long one is allowed to type for, but it isn't very long in my experi................agh!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
hir

Postby Advanced Driving » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:52 am

HI

I am checking this with our technical person - hopefully be sorted soon..!!! :D
Advanced Driving

Postby Advanced Driving » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:02 pm

The time out limit has been extended - not sure why it was so low before, should be ok now.

Thanks
Advanced Driving

Postby TripleS » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:36 pm

Advanced Driving wrote:The time out limit has been extended - not sure why it was so low before, should be ok now.

Thanks

OK thanks, but can you tell us how much time we have for composing our contributions before we're timed out?
TripleS

Postby hir » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:21 pm

TripleS wrote:
Advanced Driving wrote:The time out limit has been extended - not sure why it was so low before, should be ok now.

Thanks

OK thanks, but can you tell us how much time we have for composing our contributions before we're timed out?

Yep, that sounds like a not unreasonable question. :roll:
hir

Postby Advanced Driving » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:57 pm

I'm sorry I don't know - I've just been told it's been fully extended!?!
Advanced Driving

Postby TripleS » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:05 pm

Advanced Driving wrote:I'm sorry I don't know - I've just been told it's been fully extended!?!

My driving skills are sometimes fully extended, and still they don't seem to amount to much, so that doesn't get us far. :(
TripleS

Return to Announcements, Improvements and Forum Help