Motorway in heavy Traffic...Which Lane?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Advanced Roadcraft » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:10 am

SammyTheSnake wrote:Depending on how heavy the traffic is, I might prefer lane 2.5 :D

Sammy: nicely put...me too!
Best, B
Advanced Roadcraft

Postby Jack Russell » Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:14 am

Thank You Dandu, that's the conclusion I have come to for when it's busy, it is without doubt less stressfull than trying to keep going at 70 to make progress and be always thinking of lane changes.

So if it were busy and you were taking the IAM test or any advanced test would staying in lane 1 be acceptable?
Jack Russell

Postby Nigel » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:37 pm

Advanced Roadcraft wrote:
SammyTheSnake wrote:Depending on how heavy the traffic is, I might prefer lane 2.5 :D

Sammy: nicely put...me too!
Best, B

Ooooh don't get me started....I hate this practice

I spend a lot of time on our motorways, and I'd imagine, most of it in lane three.

I did give up yesterday though, a 50 mile queue on the M6 was too long for me, over to sat nav and leafy lanes.
Nigel

Postby TripleS » Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:21 pm

Jack Russell wrote:Thank You Dandu, that's the conclusion I have come to for when it's busy, it is without doubt less stressfull than trying to keep going at 70 to make progress and be always thinking of lane changes.

So if it were busy and you were taking the IAM test or any advanced test would staying in lane 1 be acceptable?

I don't know the right answer but I imagine if you were not sacrificing too much progress, and you explained your reasoning, I think you ought not to be penalised for it. Presumably that would be your choice of lane on safety grounds, so that should stand you in good stead.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby Jack Russell » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:23 pm

[quote="TripleS"]

Presumably that would be your choice of lane on safety grounds, so that should stand you in good stead.

[quote]

Yes it would be on safety and safely alone, not coz I'm shy of lane changing.
Jack Russell

Postby TripleS » Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:16 pm

Jack Russell wrote:
TripleS wrote:
Presumably that would be your choice of lane on safety grounds, so that should stand you in good stead.

Yes it would be on safety and safely alone, not coz I'm shy of lane changing.

Lane changing can be potentially troublesome, especially in busy conditions where making good progress is not easy anyhow, so if you're focussed primarily on safety that seems the right thing to do.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum