ADVISING WORK COLLEAGUES

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby ROG » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:30 pm

hpcdriver wrote:
What about getting his work colleagues to sign up as IAM Associates? If he takes them out as IAM Associates noone is going to be bothered whether or not it happens in work time. I think. But his group might be a bit upset if none of them went on to take the IAM test.

I have had the situation where I have been paid to be on standby by company "A" (2 hours notice given for work pending) and been observing an associate being paid by company "B" (lucky guy - his boss thought it would motivate his staff to do it).
What if I was on standby for company "B" - surely this is just the same?
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby ROG » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:58 pm

This received from DSA;

Dear Roger
Further to my e-mails yesterday, I failed to mention that there is no alternative to the theory or hazard perception test. However, we may be able to offer reasonable adaptations or modifications to the computer/test in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act and the Regulations, in order to assist a candidate who suffers from a particular condition.
I hope you are able to provide us with the information as detailed in my e-mails of yesterday so we can look into all the reasonable modifications or adaptations for you to take the theory test in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
Yours sincerely
Graham Watts
Driving Standards Agency
Chief Executive's Office
Customer Services
Tel: 0115 901 2545
Fax: 0115 901 2510
E-mail: customer.services@dsa.gsi.gov.uk
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby crr003 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:02 pm

A bit off topic, but if an Associate gives you a bottle of wine etc after passing their test, could this be considered "monies worth" by the DSA? Observers don't enter into the relationship expecting any reward, but I could see some hard line ADI taking this the wrong way.
crr003

Postby stephenperry » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:01 pm

i would have thought this would be construed as a simple gift of thanks, nothing more.... but best get rid of the "evidence" quickly, just to be on the safe side <hic> :lol:
Alpina B10 3.3 #118 : Ford Sierra XR4i : Peugeot 307 HDi 90 S
stephenperry

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum