HPC Members

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Nigel » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:08 pm

Would any HPC member be interested in joining me & hopefully someone from Rospa on a radio program in Birmingham on Febuary 5th 2007, approx 11 am.

The purpose of the program is to publicise advanced driving.
Nigel

Postby PeteG » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:34 am

You'll have to let us know how we can listen in... maybe one of those... internet... recorded.. things... that may or may not be called a something-cast...?

*is far more into things with engines than things with circuit boards*
"There's always another day, and I would rather miss a few than get one badly wrong." - TripleS, on overtaking.
PeteG

Postby theyoungen » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:02 pm

Does that mean you're also looking for someone from RoSPA, or that 'hopefully' someone from RoSPA will be there of their own accord?

If the former, I'd happily do it. If the latter, assuming all goes well with Hugh, I'll be an HPCer a mere 4 days later! Damn, the wait's killing me!
L-Test @ 17,
RoSPA Gold @ 18,
Group Chairman @ 19.
HPC @ 20

www.staffsadvanceddriving.co.uk
theyoungen

Postby Nigel » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:55 pm

Theyoung un, that would be great, the Rospa chap I contacted has copied me the e-mails he's sent out, but so far no response, so yes please, if your willing to attend I'd be delighted. I'll pm you my phone number so we can chat.

To the HPC gentlemen that contacted me by pm, who were concerned about my offer, you have no worries, I obtained this ooportunity by sheer chance, and rather than use it as a pure IAM publicity thing, I thought it would be more use to those of us interested in promoting advanced driving if it could be a multi pronged "attack" as some people have very silly pre-concieved ideas about the different organisations (see the club driving thread !).

To the HPC gemtleman that has contacted me by pm who may be interested, I'll pm you my phone number so we can chat.

If all goes well, maybe the three of us can meet up for coffee beforehand so we can discuss how we are going to present ourselves etc.

It will also be good, if we all want to go ahead and do it, that we are all members of ad uk, it should bode well for the site, as its what has brought us all together in the first place.
Nigel

Postby martine » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:22 pm

Good point Nigel - get plenty of mentiond of ADUK won't you - and good luck!

Which radio station is it and will someone record it and post an mp3?
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Nigel » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:34 am

Your going to wet yourself at what station it is..........SAGA 105.7 FM
Nigel

Postby MarieArtie » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:00 pm

Why do you want an HPC member, I think an Advanced driver examiner and experienced IAM or ROSPA member would be better.
MarieArtie

Postby Nigel » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:05 pm

I have the IAM & Rospa now lined up.

I invited the HPC, whose members have very politely declined as their remit isn't really road safety, as I was very impressed with your other halfs & Chris Kays willingness to help out with driving days.

So having stumbled across the chance to do this feature, and having invited Rospa to attend with me, and not really knowing much about the HPC, just having met some nice people who can drive very well, I thought it would have seemed rude not to offer.
Nigel

Postby kwakba » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:14 pm

Nigel wrote:I have the IAM & Rospa now lined up.

I invited the HPC, whose members have very politely declined as their remit isn't really road safety, as I was very impressed with your other halfs & Chris Kays willingness to help out with driving days.

So having stumbled across the chance to do this feature, and having invited Rospa to attend with me, and not really knowing much about the HPC, just having met some nice people who can drive very well, I thought it would have seemed rude not to offer.

Have you spoken to your local Fire & Rescue Service as well? They may have a scheme going on as it's our remit now and may wish to say hello?
kwakba

Postby Nigel » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:21 pm

I haven't, but may do so in the future.

I'm going to see how it goes, its the first time this radio station has done this particular thing, if it goes badly, as in no interest, there's nothing really lost, if it goes well.....with a bit of luck , we could perhaps end up with a driving day.

That would probably be the time to invole the fire boys & girls.

I know they are eager these days, they gave me some money last year to run a scheme for the under 26's, which included IAM skills for life packages and skid pan training.
Nigel

Return to General Car Chat Forum