Surfing less ; driving more

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby ipsg.glf » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:55 am

Yesterday I spent 6 glorious hours driving in the Dales. In view of the way that people seem to be at each other's throats for the smallest of issues, I've decided to surf less and drive more.

I'm still planning to arrange Driving Days in my neck of the woods from time to time.
ipsg.glf

Postby James » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:58 am

Thats good news. Any points to raise or experiences to raise with your long drive, or did the whole 6 hours go perfectly?
James

Postby TripleS » Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:16 am

ipsg.glf wrote:Yesterday I spent 6 glorious hours driving in the Dales. In view of the way that people seem to be at each other's throats for the smallest of issues, I've decided to surf less and drive more.

That seems to me not a bad idea the way things are on the forums at times.

Some of this 'I'm a better expert than you' stuff gets a bit tiresome - well sorry, but that's how it feels to me.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby AdamW » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:38 pm

Nice to hear your still going strong C. Have you had chance to complete the Gold yet?

When is the NY run this year Dave?

Make sure you drop me a line. :wink:
Despite their large numbers ants flow freely because of their understanding and purpose. As a driver your job is to move in, within, and out of the flow of traffic causing the minimum disruption and upset to others. Everyone then benefits, including you.
AdamW

Postby ipsg.glf » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:41 pm

James wrote:Thats good news. Any points to raise or experiences to raise with your long drive, or did the whole 6 hours go perfectly?

It went OK. Need to do it more often though.
ipsg.glf

Postby ipsg.glf » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:44 pm

AdamW wrote:Nice to hear your still going strong C. Have you had chance to complete the Gold yet?

When is the NY run this year Dave?

Hi Adam

Not had much chance to think about it, to be honest. I'ev done one of the pre-requisite courses, so will have to think about getting the other one sorted. Probbaly looking at sometime next year, I would think.

Trying to get another run sorted in the North East area soon-ish. How is the Volvo?
ipsg.glf

Postby AdamW » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:05 am

Everything is fine over on the East coast. Hopefully will be able to make the meet this time. Will try and get Mike and Rick out aswell.

Volvo is still good. Just had it's birthday MOT and service. Everything perfect tbh.
Have still got the vRS? I am sure I saw you looking for the 330d on PH. :D
Despite their large numbers ants flow freely because of their understanding and purpose. As a driver your job is to move in, within, and out of the flow of traffic causing the minimum disruption and upset to others. Everyone then benefits, including you.
AdamW

Postby ipsg.glf » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:20 am

AdamW wrote:Everything is fine over on the East coast. Hopefully will be able to make the meet this time. Will try and get Mike and Rick out aswell.

Volvo is still good. Just had it's birthday MOT and service. Everything perfect tbh.
Have still got the vRS? I am sure I saw you looking for the 330d on PH. :D

Still got the vRS. Just had tyres, service, new pads and discs and 12 months VED.

Didn't have any luck finding a 330d. Actually, that is not quite true. I did find one but when I got it inspected, it had had a new front end. Now thinking about an A4 tdi. Not sure if I need quattro, though.
ipsg.glf

Postby hardboiled » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:43 am

I ran an A4 2.5Tdi Avant Quattro for a few months as a company car - I really liked it. Quattro is a bit superfluous but the 2.5 was much better than the 1.9.
hardboiled

Postby billgates e30 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:40 am

ipsg.glf wrote:I'm still planning to arrange Driving Days in my neck of the woods from time to time.

now, that i am glad to hear

the Northumberland one was excellent Craig, very informative and enjoyable

just wish i had more time to get some routes sorted up 'ere

i've been to busy with work and colege at the moment

not to mention getting the car sorted
billgates e30

Postby TripleS » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:05 pm

AdamW wrote:When is the NY run this year Dave?

Hello Adam, sorry about the delay in replying. I've been out of circulation for a few days and at the moment I'm afraid I can't think in terms of driving days. Other problems are dominating the scene.

Take care and best wishes,
Dave.
TripleS

Return to General Car Chat Forum