B-road Britain (Weds 15th - 9pm on ITV)

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby mzje » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:27 pm

Just spotted this ... "Robbie Coltrane.. B-Road Britain" a 3 part series starting this Weds on ITV at 9pm.

"B-Road Britain follows Robbie as he embarks on a 400-mile road trip from London to Glasgow, in a bid to rediscover Britain’s forgotten backwaters."

Hope its as good as it looks :)

Matthew
mzje

Postby jasonh » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:01 pm

Robbie Coltrane is the business!
IAM April 2008
jasonh

Postby Rick » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:54 pm

I might stop in and watch this myself. :lol:
Rick

Postby Luke » Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:12 pm

Is he a good driver, Robbie?

Or will this be like the Jo Brand documentary, where she can drive about as well as toffee.
Luke

Postby TripleS » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:18 pm

chriskay wrote:Will be watching that; in a real car too :P

Oh good - using a 406 HDi is he? :lol:
Sad note: It's all I can afford!

I saw a picture of a Jaguar XK150 in something to do with the programme. Is that what he's using? If so, good, that'll set a nice tone to the proceedings.

Best wishes all,
Dave - a relic of a bygone age - but there is still a bit of me left. Not sure if that's good news or not.
TripleS

Postby TripleS » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:21 pm

Luke wrote:Is he a good driver, Robbie?

Or will this be like the Jo Brand documentary, where she can drive about as well as toffee.

Well we can't all be experts - trained at huge expense, courtesy of the public purse, i.e. our money. :wink:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby MGF » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:39 pm

TripleS wrote:

Well we can't all be experts - trained at huge expense, courtesy of the public purse, i.e. our money. :wink:

Best wishes all,
Dave.

Careful Dave, you'll be branded an undesirable and banned with talk like that. Then again the attraction of this forum is its liberalism so perhaps not. :wink:
MGF

Postby TripleS » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:34 pm

MGF wrote:
TripleS wrote:

Best wishes all,
Dave.

Careful Dave, you'll be branded an undesirable and banned with talk like that. Then again the attraction of this forum is its liberalism so perhaps not. :wink:

Aye well, it's happened to a pal of mine, so you never know. Liberalism apparently has its limits. If I'm ever to be gagged, it'll have to be done properly though. :cool:

PS. Had any good dust-ups with R, recently? :lol:

Actually, I also count him as a bit of a pal of mine, but 'e seems to have short fuse at times. :wink:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby mzje » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:48 pm

chriskay wrote:Just watched first part. Nothing remotely to do with driving or B roads. Robbie Coltrane looks as if he's sitting on rather than in the XK150 & spends much of the time with his elbow on the door & his fingers wrapped around the steering wheel spokes. (should have been given a 406 Diesel, TripleS).

Cheers, chris.

Yeah - very disappointing! :( Did you spot the IAM badge on the front though?

Looks like some ADUK'ers gonna have to do their own version instead :-)

heheh

Matthew
mzje

Postby TripleS » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:28 pm

chriskay wrote:Just watched first part. Nothing remotely to do with driving or B roads. Robbie Coltrane looks as if he's sitting on rather than in the XK150 & spends much of the time with his elbow on the door & his fingers wrapped around the steering wheel spokes. (should have been given a 406 Diesel, TripleS).

Cheers, chris.

Yes I noticed the very casual handling of the steering wheel. I know somebody with a somewhat similar style, but I'm sure it's quite adequate at the times it's used. :wink:

In any case the XK150 had an IAM badge on the front, so all will be well.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Return to General Car Chat Forum