Wedding Cars and Drivers

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Darren » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:20 am

On a slightly different topic. As some of you may know, 30th Aug next year I'm to be married to my lurvely lady Katherine and organising a wedding, I'm finding, takes some serious doing.

Along with everything else, I'm gonna need a few cars. So I have some questions:

1) any ideas on what we should have? Traditional, sporty etc.
2) any suggestions on good reputable suppliers / costs
3) gonna need decent drivers, I want her at the venue in one piece...are there any firms which garantee Advanced Drivers..I would have driven her myself, but I understand thats not the done thing.

Cheers
Darren
Last edited by Darren on Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Darren

Postby ROG » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:36 am

My daughter getting married in june next year and is hoping to have an "old" car - i think she means vintage - to take her to wedding in leicester.
PS if i was local to you then i would offer to drive FOC :D
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby Angus » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:19 am

Ask your good lady what she'd like. Traditional cars for bridesmaids & parents won't offend, but for yourselves the choice is virtually unlimited, given time & money.

If you're getting married in Lancs, there's a firm in Manchester with a stretched ferrari (360, I think)
Angus

Postby kwakba » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:28 am

spokey... I'm getting married the day before!

She's not too worried about a car as she is getting ready at the venue, whereas I'll drive in. I'm trying to borrow a spare fire engine for the event!

Ask her what she/her dad/bridesmaids will want and then hire yourself something fun, for mates weddings we have had beach buggies, a Westfield, a Porshe, a Ferrari, a Fiat 5000 and yes, a ford fiesta...
kwakba

Postby PeteG » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:11 am

kwakba wrote:She's not too worried about a car as she is getting ready at the venue, whereas I'll drive in. I'm trying to borrow a spare fire engine for the event!

Be sure to co-ordinate this with the local pyromaniacs... and don't do a fire safety check of the venue when you get out...

Where are you getting married Darren? Roughly, I'm not trying to organise an ADUK gatecrash...
"There's always another day, and I would rather miss a few than get one badly wrong." - TripleS, on overtaking.
PeteG

Postby ScoobyChris » Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:17 am

My brother got delivered to his wedding in a TVR Tuscan S after an hour being driven round in it. His wife isn't really a car person but contacted the owner's club and they did it FOC :D

Personally, I'd go for a sporty but run the risk of not making it to the wedding if you get carried away driving it :oops:

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby martine » Sun Oct 07, 2007 12:04 pm

I think you should have a convoy of ADUK members 'protecting' you and your precious lady. I imagine Von and Roadcraft could do some impressive 'defensive' driving to liven it up a little :evil:

So where are you getting married?
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Darren » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:26 pm

martine wrote:I think you should have a convoy of ADUK members 'protecting' you and your precious lady. I imagine Von and Roadcraft could do some impressive 'defensive' driving to liven it up a little :evil:

Some kind of convoy could work well....

So where are you getting married?

It's booked at a very nice place in Eversley, Hampshire.
Last edited by Darren on Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darren

Postby PeteG » Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Darren wrote:
martine wrote:I think you should have a convoy of ADUK members 'protecting' you and your precious lady. I imagine Von and Roadcraft could do some impressive 'defensive' driving to liven it up a little :evil:

Some kind of convoy could work well....

I'm sure we've enough coppers on here to TPAC you on the way... that would probably be a new excuse for turning up late... :)
"There's always another day, and I would rather miss a few than get one badly wrong." - TripleS, on overtaking.
PeteG

Postby kwakba » Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:37 pm

Darren wrote:
It's booked at a very nice place in in Eversley, Hampshire.

Not by the river by any chance?

If so we looked there but it was too expensive for us (to have wedding and reception in the same place), but the building and gardens are lovely and having eaten there before the food is fantastic! Make sure guests turn left into the car park and don't carry straight on otherwise I might be gatecrashing to do a rescue!
kwakba

Postby Darren » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:10 pm

kwakba wrote:Not by the river by any chance?

If so we looked there but it was too expensive for us (to have wedding and reception in the same place), but the building and gardens are lovely and having eaten there before the food is fantastic! Make sure guests turn left into the car park and don't carry straight on otherwise I might be gatecrashing to do a rescue!

Thats the one! Correct the road runs into the river, all very strange. The lady takes her horses there occasionally. You local then Kwakba? I'm actually living about 30 seconds drive from there.
Darren

Postby kwakba » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:21 pm

I've been to a couple of cars parked in there over the last few years!

It's a bit off my patch as I'm out of Farnborough, but have covered for
Hartley Wintney and Fleet quite often. Eversley is part covered by Yatley and Hartley Wintney but both come under my stations "group" so we all play togther at times!

Lovely place around there, I tend to cycle abit about there, nearly lost my old mountain bike in that ford!
kwakba

Return to General Car Chat Forum