BBC1 - 9pm 14th Jan - Motorway Cops: A Traffic Cops Special

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Roadcraft » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:55 pm

jasonh wrote:but I think the angry wrong-way-down-the-M5 man was my personal favourite.

Yeah... he was the typical "My problem/dilema is more important than anyone else's" merchant.. :roll:
Roadcraft

Postby TripleS » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:27 am

Roadcraft wrote:Good Evening Gents..

Somebody dropped me the nod, that my ears might be burning and to drop in for a chat...

Glad you are all ok and the forum is too...

Best regards,

:wink:

Ah, glad to hear from you, Gary.

I'm not sure we're entirely OK here, it's a bit chaotic at times, but I keep sorting 'em out. Don't worry.

.... and if you believe that.... :lol:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby Roadcraft » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:41 pm

8) 8) 8) 8)
Last edited by Roadcraft on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roadcraft

Postby Big Err » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:44 pm

Roadcraft wrote:On a tactical note, the officer should have arrested and handcuffed the male whilst he was still in the driver's seat. Much more control of him there...

The use of a single cuff with a slight twist does make extraction from a vehicle quite easy. But does bring a tear to the eye......
Big Err

Postby OILY PAWS » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:57 pm

Roadcraft wrote:Having just watched the TV program, I thought it was quite good all in all....

I think the little s**t in the Honda Civic gives you an idea of the kind of restraint that is sometimes required by police officers...

What I think is worthy of note, is that the particular individual is one of the so called 'decent' people. The tax payers, the non-criminals etc...and the attitude from him stinks.

I have dealt with murders, rapist, burglars and muggers who you'd want to spend more time with than that young man.

Personally... I blame his upbringing.

On a tactical note, the officer should have arrested and handcuffed the male whilst he was still in the driver's seat. Much more control of him there... Bad mistake letting him get out..and then starting a paltry struggle in the V created by the open door, right next to a live lane...

agee with nearly everything on here, but .......I would wager he isn't "one of the so called 'decent' people. The tax payers, the non-criminals etc", bound to be skeletons in his closet
OILY PAWS

Postby nuster100 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:11 pm

This is interesting.

I thought the stop was heavy handed and so were the subsequent dealings with the youth.

I think if he had said sorry after it was straightened out then the youth would have calmed down a bit. As things were, it was just going to escalate.

Jay
"Learn from the mistakes of others, you dont have time to make them all yourself"

Rospa South West and Taunton Group Chairman 2007-2009
nuster100

Postby crr003 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:58 pm

I liked the bit where the Police passenger was gesticulating to another vehicle by waving his hand in front of the driver's face!
crr003

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum