M42 Warwickshire

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby nodigitsever » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:18 am

what a nightmare!, I had to go on it last week for the first time since the new variable speed limits were in operation, God a 15 Min Journey took 30 Mins as there was no way to make up your lost time as before, are we going backwards?
nodigitsever

Postby martine » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:35 pm

nodigitsever wrote:what a nightmare!, I had to go on it last week for the first time since the new variable speed limits were in operation, God a 15 Min Journey took 30 Mins as there was no way to make up your lost time as before, are we going backwards?

Not quite sure I understand you comment...are you saying you objected to slowing to 50?
When I went on it a couple of times recently, the traffic progressed smoothly (at 50) and didn't come to a complete stop/start at all (which it would have done had the 50 limit not been in operation).

I know which I prefer.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Big Err » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:07 pm

A difficulty that always exists with traffic systems is that as an end user you normally only see a little part of a bigger picture. This may reflect favourably on the system or otherwise - you could be running freely, whilst an 'attached' road sits at a stand still and vice versa.
Big Err

Return to General Car Chat Forum