police chase

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby animalkit » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:19 pm

a while ago on police camera action i saw a chase with an evo and impreza at one point they are doing 150 mph on a motorway( its night) and then they turn off there lights the police hold back and give them enough space so they stop and fill with fuel!!! i think one of the cars (possibly the impreza) gets away. this is just a post to see if anyone else knows of this chase and to see if anyone knows of anywhere i can see this video
animalkit

Postby James » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:52 pm

I know the video, I will try and find it.

It involved air support from around 3 seperate counties...
James

Postby waremark » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:05 am

I also remember seeing it. The Evo managed to fill with fuel and get away from the filling station - they were going to pay for the fuel but did not quite have time to do so before the police arrived. The Evo went over a stinger, but still the chase continued for quite some time. It illustrated:

How amazingly fast the Evo is (in this case Evo 6, so was)
How often it needed to be filled with petrol
How in some cases it is possible to drive quite fast even with a fully deflated tyre
waremark

Postby TripleS » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:12 am

waremark wrote:I also remember seeing it. The Evo managed to fill with fuel and get away from the filling station - they were going to pay for the fuel but did not quite have time to do so before the police arrived. The Evo went over a stinger, but still the chase continued for quite some time. It illustrated:

How amazingly fast the Evo is (in this case Evo 6, so was)
How often it needed to be filled with petrol
How in some cases it is possible to drive quite fast even with a fully deflated tyre

....and that safety is not really paramount, by the sound of it. Sorry and all that, but I'm still having my doubts.

Anyhow I don't recognise this video from the description, but I shall look forward to seeing it.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby redrobo » Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:03 pm

The two Subarus( although one was an Evo) were involved in theft of cigarettes in Hampshire and they were thought to be heading towards Oxfordshire. Briefly seen by a Thames valey Panda driver.
the helicopter went airborne and spotted the two cars traveling at speed.
One unmarked Omega managed to get up with them on the M40. the helicopter was only able to stay in touch by cutting corners and going high and swooping down to build up speed.
the two cars stopped at Southam for petrol even paying for the juice. they made off but one of the occupants was left at the garage(arrested)
The Omega stayed as best they could and the west midlands chopper took over. Eventually all those involved were arrested.
redrobo

Return to General Car Chat Forum