IAM changes points rules

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby martine » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:57 pm

As someone else here hinted, the IAM have now officially changed their restrictions on number of licence points and taking the IAM test.

As of today anyone with a current valid licence regardless of number of points or previous ban can take the IAM test. If anyone has an outstanding court appearance they have to wait until completion of their hearing before taking the test.
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby TripleS » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:44 pm

martine wrote:As someone else here hinted, the IAM have now officially changed their restrictions on number of licence points and taking the IAM test.

As of today anyone with a current valid licence regardless of number of points or previous ban can take the IAM test. If anyone has an outstanding court appearance they have to wait until completion of their hearing before taking the test.

Seems sensible. Seeking better behaviour in the future is more important than worrying about past indiscretions, not that I have any of the latter. :lol:

I don't think I'm going to make much improvement in the future either! It's all looking too difficult for me. :(

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby crr003 » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:52 pm

martine wrote:As someone else here hinted, the IAM have now officially changed their restrictions on number of licence points and taking the IAM test.

Does it appear anywhere in print?
SfL T&C still mention the points malarky, although it will take time to filter through.

edited to add "Ignore that - I've seen the memo"
crr003

Return to General Car Chat Forum