Cyclist killed on charity ride

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby jbsportstech » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:59 pm

This made me very upset. There is a stretch on road leading from a hill with two lanes of traffic which is NSL. I often find people come down the hill and put there foot down doin 70+.

This poor guy raising money for charity wouldnt of known that people fly down there and they belief that had he know it he wouldnt of rode on there.

Whats makes it worst is he has hit and left to die!!! Makes me ashamed to live in taunton :shock:

They need to take action i drove down there last night to see where the guy was found and someone passed me at 80+ plus its like trying to ride on fast dual track.
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby mcs » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:18 pm

Agreed. The gentleman concerned and his wife have both been active in IAM and ROSPA (cars and bikes I think) for many years so I am sure he would have been proceeding with care and been well aware of less able/considerate drivers.

My thoughts go to his wife and children.
mcs

Postby vonhosen » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:22 pm

jbsportstech wrote:This made me very upset. There is a stretch on road leading from a hill with two lanes of traffic which is NSL. I often find people come down the hill and put there foot down doin 70+.

This poor guy raising money for charity wouldnt of known that people fly down there and they belief that had he know it he wouldnt of rode on there.

Whats makes it worst is he has hit and left to die!!! Makes me ashamed to live in taunton :shock:

They need to take action i drove down there last night to see where the guy was found and someone passed me at 80+ plus its like trying to ride on fast dual track.

What are the sight lines like there ?
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Postby jbsportstech » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:53 pm

Well the vision falls down the dip which is good but where the flowers is just where the road starts to curve to the left with hedges etc not offering any sight round the corner.
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby vonhosen » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:02 pm

So it looks like carrying too much speed from a place of good vision into a place with less vision ?
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Return to General Car Chat Forum