Previously attended IAM course, what now?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby JamesAllport » Sat May 13, 2006 5:52 pm

There was nothing lunatic about your driving. You just drive a car that provides so much fun that it ought to be a controlled substance....

James
Only two things matter: attitude & entry speeds.
JamesAllport

Postby ScoobyChris » Sat May 13, 2006 6:55 pm

I'd definitely be up for the next one (if there's plenty of notice :D). Maybe we could persuade Von to come too so he can demonstrate full separation in my Mondeo ;) :lol:

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby TripleS » Sun May 14, 2006 11:23 am

Good morning everyone.

My thanks to Nick, Dave T and James A for a pleasant day yesterday. It was nice to meet you and I'm sorry not to have managed any drives with James, but perhaps we can remedy that next time.

It was a shame that four other folk who had been expected were unable to be there, but these things happen.

As for the drives - well it turned out to be three experts and one rather aged novice, which felt a bit one sided, but I seemed to escape without major criticism and I hope that was based on the experts' true views. After the setback of my formal involvement with the IAM in February, I admit I was rather apprehensive as to how the day would go.

In the event it seemed as if my feeling of general comfort with my driving was accepted as being largely justified, though naturally some observations and suggestions about a few points were made, which in the main I could understand and appreciate. My thanks to Dave and Neil for their input - I will try to incorporate the adjustments you suggested and see if I can evolve a little further. I haven't quite finished yet! :lol:

Nick - please thank Margaret for her kindness with the lunch-time catering - it was much appreciated.

BTW, it was 583 miles yesterday at 48.7 mpg.

Best wishes all,
Dave - the unstressed one. :wink:
Last edited by TripleS on Mon May 15, 2006 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TripleS

Postby Porker » Sun May 14, 2006 8:18 pm

Dave

No problem, and I'm glad you felt it worthwhile.

I have thanked Margaret copiously for the impromptu lunch arrangements.

It was a shame not to have a bigger turnout but, as you say, that's the way it works sometimes.

regards
Nick
Porker

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum