Whats the best car you have owned>pics please>??

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby jbsportstech » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:21 am

Very nice Jay haven't heard from you in a while. Hows it going?
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby SeanP » Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:07 am

Long-term Roadcraft addict :) IAM (3/2009), RoSPA Gold (3/2010)
Mazda RX-8 R3. (Gone but not forgotten: Mazda RX-8 231PS, RIP 28/08/2009).
RX8 Owners Club, Youtube track-day vids
SeanP

Postby jbsportstech » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:25 pm

i have seen that b4.. :D
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby nuster100 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:02 pm

Yep, all is well. Just sorting a few tings out on the liner, getting it ready for next year's show season.

Jay
"Learn from the mistakes of others, you dont have time to make them all yourself"

Rospa South West and Taunton Group Chairman 2007-2009
nuster100

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:39 pm

You own a ship too - wiv a bell an' everyfing?
Last edited by Mr Cholmondeley-Warner on Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby nuster100 » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:40 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:You own a ship too - wiv a bell an everyfing?

Lol, its what we call the skyline. Bout as heavy as one though!!

Jay
"Learn from the mistakes of others, you dont have time to make them all yourself"

Rospa South West and Taunton Group Chairman 2007-2009
nuster100

Postby MiniClubmanEstate » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:56 pm

The best car I have ever owned is one of the worst built cars of all time. In the 1970's in between walkouts and other strikes bodged together was a small brown Mini Estate. This car was not jigged properly, packed with filler as a result of not looking like it had been put together right, wired from off cuts and other rubbish that was lying around the British Leyland plant and finally all of this might was protected by ziebart rustproofing.

This car triumphantly took to the roads and deteriorated over a period of 29 years, patched and MOT'd by the use of horrid moisture collecting over-sills.

I bought 'Smoky' at by the time the engine was ruined along with everything else. A full engine rebuild was required revealing even more shoddy Leyland workmanship. Eventually enough was done to allow Smoky to continue in service awaiting the next disasters to come. Many breakdowns after all of which Smoky continued home under power, a few years latter and I dread to think how much money has been spent in that time it was time for some major bodywork. Smoky required over £3000 of body work restoration for the last MOT which revealed genuine Leyland filler, some very uneven panel joints and other horrors.
Smoky is now after 30 years a reliable and practical car, one of the greats from the 1970's.

There have been many problems with Smoky since creation but all can be cast aside for the experience of driving an incredible small estate car with a unique style and character.

Regardless of finances Smoky will be maintained indefinitely, some people dream of their ultimate car, I have already got mine.
Andrew: PCV, IAM Car
Smoky - Pronounced as Smokey, a unique little Mini.
MiniClubmanEstate

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum