Today is Test Day (Update PASSED)

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby michael769 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:43 pm

jbsportstech wrote:thank you nigel

I am training to be a tutor with rospa so I should be reasonably well placed to teach him but he will need an adi somewhere along the line.

I am more interested in teaching advanced rather the L test driving and regardless of my ability to drive doesnt necessarily translate that I will make a good teacher I may not have the nack.

James,

I'd suggest getting a copy of "Driving: The essential Skills", to all intents and purposes it is the DSA's equivalent of Roadcraft, in that it describes the standard of driving that test candidates are expected to aim for (although it does hae some extra sections at the back that are irrelevant for test candidates).

LDC (who gave me my ADI training) advocated extending the DSA's MSM/PSL(Position Speed Look) junction system, which is described in Driving to MSPSGL (Mirror, Signal, Position, Speed, Gear, Look), which is, in effect a simplified version of the system. I never used it myself (as I don't teach learners), but my trainer felt stringly that it did work well with learners.

Michael
michael769

Postby ExadiNigel » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:07 pm

michael769 wrote:....LDC (who gave me my ADI training) advocated extending the DSA's MSM/PSL(Position Speed Look) junction system, which is described in Driving to MSPSGL (Mirror, Signal, Position, Speed, Gear, Look), which is, in effect a simplified version of the system. I never used it myself (as I don't teach learners), but my trainer felt stringly that it did work well with learners.

Michael

Absolutely no reason why a learner shouldn't be taught IPSGA.

Nigel
Ex - ADI & Fleet Trainer, RoADAR Diploma, National Standards Cycling Instructor, ex- Registered Assessor for BTEC in Driving Science, ex-Member RoADAR & IAM, Plymouth, ex - SAFED registered trainer
ExadiNigel

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum