IAM 'Skill for Life' increase

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby crr003 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:55 pm

brianhaddon wrote:So does this mean that you need to be a member of the IAM (albeit as an associate) before you can take the test? When I joined you could only join the IAM if you passed the test. Have things changed that much? I must admit to being completely out of touch with the IAM inasmuch I only pay may annual subscription. (And please nobody ask why do I bother if that is my only 'present' contact)

I think so. Test & Membership only (no books/Group/Observer contact) is £95 from 1 May. I don't see an option for test only.

It's a simple way to show an increased "membership" base.

Another change is that Associates have access to the IAM Forum - previously only accessible to "Full" Members.
crr003

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:19 pm

I've heard great things about the forum. I'm sure that'll bring them flocking in ...
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby Gareth » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:48 pm

brianhaddon wrote:does this mean that you need to be a member of the IAM (albeit as an associate) before you can take the test?

Besides the SfL package, it is possible to buy the cheaper membership + test package. I guess that before passing the test a person is buying an associate membership, which then becomes full membership on passing.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...
Gareth

Postby brianhaddon » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:47 pm

Gareth wrote:
brianhaddon wrote:does this mean that you need to be a member of the IAM (albeit as an associate) before you can take the test?

Besides the SfL package, it is possible to buy the cheaper membership + test package. I guess that before passing the test a person is buying an associate membership, which then becomes full membership on passing.

In that case it should be renamed the IA(AMSTBA)M - Institue of Advanced (and maybe soon to be advanced) Motorists :roll:
Regards
Brian Haddon
brianhaddon

Postby crr003 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:35 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I've heard great things about the forum. I'm sure that'll bring them flocking in ...

Now now.....
The old forum taught me a lot about grammar and punctuation.
There were some very good contributors on AD too, but the new forum seems to lack that depth of knowledge.
crr003

Postby martine » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:40 am

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:I've heard great things about the forum. I'm sure that'll bring them flocking in ...

:)
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby jont » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:41 am

Someone has hacked the DNS to point at ADUK? :twisted:
jont

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum