Friday Afternoon Fever?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby ROG » Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:16 am

Horse wrote:they'll do that any day of the week - including (as I saw a few weeks ago) past an m-way 'on' slip, leaving the trucker in lane 1 nowhere to go to try and make space for 2 lanes of 'rush hour' traffic trying to merge . . .

The subject of many a thread on www.trucknetuk.com as it is too common an unnecessary occurance
ROG (retired)
Civilian Advanced Driver
Observer - Leicester Group of Advanced Motorists
EX LGV instructor
ROG

Postby x-Sonia-x » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:28 pm

This doesnt really fit in with 'friday afternoon fever' at all, as it was on a Thursday and involved a predestrian :lol: :lol: but I thought id post it anyway :D

Last Thursday driving along A12 around Collier Row/Romford area, a london bus was 2 infront of me so I couldnt see past it to see what was going on, but everyone seemed to be indicating to get out into the fast lane, so it was obvious there was an obstruction in our lane. Well I could not believe it when I see what it was, a lady laden with a dozen shopping bags, walking down the middle of the dual carriageway :twisted: :twisted: Even to this day I cant believe she did that :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Never climb a fence...much easier to sit on it!!
x-Sonia-x

Postby nuster100 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:24 pm

TiJay wrote:
Is it the general feeling here that you would report somebody for that sort of driving?

To be honest, if the road was empty and he'd caught the slide I wouldn't be that bothered as I'm sure many drivers of RWDs enjoy the odd oversteer moment on an empty roundabout perfectly safely. The fact he deliberately flicked the car with traffic around and then failed to recover means he's driving beyond his capabilities and is going to get it seriously wrong if he carries on like that.

I've never had moments like that...................

.....Honest

Jay
"Learn from the mistakes of others, you dont have time to make them all yourself"

Rospa South West and Taunton Group Chairman 2007-2009
nuster100

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum