Why limit handling?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby 7db » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:52 pm

crr003 wrote:
faboka wrote:You never know tillit happens. What happens if as a result a person on the footpath or crossing the road is hit?

I thought if you hit a pedestrian at 30 there was an 80% chance they'd live? I would think that percentage would increase as the speed lowers to 5 m.p.h?

Great - so if you are stationary on someone's head they should be fine.
7db

Postby TripleS » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:33 pm

7db wrote:
crr003 wrote:
faboka wrote:You never know tillit happens. What happens if as a result a person on the footpath or crossing the road is hit?

I thought if you hit a pedestrian at 30 there was an 80% chance they'd live? I would think that percentage would increase as the speed lowers to 5 m.p.h?

Great - so if you are stationary on someone's head they should be fine.

Some of the folk on these forums would be completely undamaged, I'm sure. :evil:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby x-Sonia-x » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:42 pm

TripleS wrote:Some of the folk on these forums would be completely undamaged, I'm sure.

:lol: :lol: ...you do make me larf :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never climb a fence...much easier to sit on it!!
x-Sonia-x

Postby MGF » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:32 am

JamesAllport wrote:
MGF wrote:How can a driver losing control at 5 mph put you in danger of losing your life when you are also driving at 5 mph. :shock:

Sorry again. I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some posts ago to Dave:

:oops: I should have read a bit more thoroughly. Avoiding any collision is admirable though. Even non-fault ones with no injury are too much trouble to be worth the aggravation. Someone drove into the back of me at some lights in July and I am still trying to recover my not too insignificant excess of £650.

My very limited experience of handling exercises on a track led me to believe that there is quite a fine line between staying in control and not and that having the presence of mind to make the correct input is probably key to avoiding some collisions. Having said that, most of us probably will not get the opportunity to save a live as I would have thought it is unlikley to be inevitable.
MGF

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum