Site idea

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby OneDragons » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:48 pm

Is there any way that an option could bew added to the site that allows 'unread posts' to remain marked after logging out?

Id like to read through all the new posts but sometimes dont have the time in one sitting, so if the database could remember what Ive read that would be really usefull.

Thanks.
OneDragons

Postby Darren » Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:55 pm

I think thats done using cookies and I suspect quite a bit of work with a new table referencing users and read posts, unlikely. I'm also reluctant to do too many mods and PHPbb is updated every other day these days, and installing a new one on top means I have to re-mod the board every time (rrpita)

You could suggest it as a mod to PHPBB that way, if they put it in, it will be rolled into a new build?

I manage the site generally with a priority list of items to hit, based on maximum efficiency to raise profile in terms of road safety. Hopefully, doing the rights things, first.
Darren

Postby James » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:37 pm

The site does this anyway. Every time I log in the arrow goes black to show me what I have not read?
James

Postby MrToad » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:04 pm

Hi Darren - here's another idea that I'd like to see - unless it already exists and I'm just missing it:

When I open the home page a clickable list of forum topics appears on the right hand side of the page, but there is no link to the forum indexes. If I want to see all the threads in a forum I have to click on one and then click again to get to the index.

Would it be possible to make the forum titles on the home page clickable too, or add a link straight to the indexes?

Cheers

Tony
Do less, better.
MrToad

Postby Darren » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:15 pm

OK done it :-)
Darren

Postby MrToad » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:06 am

How about that for customer service! ':P'
Do less, better.
MrToad

Return to General Car Chat Forum