Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Halski » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:37 am

Hi - I'm Hal, a lecturer from the University of Brighton. I passed IAM in February this year and have just put in for my RoSPA having had several observed drives - in my opinion, RoSPA is the intuitive extension to IAM and the two complement eachother very well.

These are great fora, I've found the posts interesting and informative and incorporated several of the suggestions into my routine....

oh apologies in advance if this is the wrong forum, Mods please feel free to move it to a more appropriate one if so...

Hal
Halski

Postby 7db » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:47 am

Morning, Halski, mate.
7db

Postby Halski » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:00 am

Oh hi mate - I clocked this forum from your link on motoring law links on 5ive-o - good link!
Halski

Postby 7db » Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:08 am

Yeah - that's a great forum, that 5ive-o.
7db

Postby BillZZR600 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:47 pm

7db wrote:Yeah - that's a great forum, that 5ive-o.

:lol:

How do Halski,

nice to see you here.

welcome aboard.
Kawasaki ZZR600/Renault Laguna 1.8i
RoADAR Advanced Rider (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Motorcycle) Tutor
RoADAR Advanced Driver (Gold)
RoADAR Aproved (Car) Tutor
BillZZR600

Postby rlmr » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:47 pm

Halski wrote:...in my opinion, RoSPA is the intuitive extension to IAM and the two complement each other very well.

Hello Hal,

As you say a lot of interesting information on this forum. Interesting take on things with the obligatory IAM / RoSPA debate. Whilst I fully support RoSPA I think the intuitive extension to the IAM (standard test) is the Observer Qualification; The Senior Observer Qualification; perhaps the Assessment and ultimately the "Special Assessment."

See one of my own pages HERE

Do not let me stand in your way on the quest for driver improvement, but you do not actually need to leave the IAM if you are looking for more challenges.

Enjoy your driving.
Rennie Ritchie
Home Page

IAM Examiner for Cars, Bikes, Lorries and Buses since 1986
rlmr

Postby Halski » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:41 pm

Hi again

I haven't left the IAM at all - my IAM Observer said that after a few months I should consider training to be an observer - and I would like to put something back - so I'll be doing exactly that....
Halski

Postby rlmr » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:58 pm

Hello Hal,

Never meant to imply otherwise :) . Just reminding you that at long last the IAM took a shake to itself and realised that folk were "going elsewhere" as they had very little to offer - so they thought- for the post test member. This spawned the Special Assessment and started to give more recognition to the very important role the Observers and Senior Observers play in promoting Advanced Driving.

regards,

Rennie
rlmr

Postby Halski » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:59 pm

Aha - thats great - I shall look into this right after my RoSPA test - thanks Rennie

rlmr wrote:Hello Hal,

Never meant to imply otherwise :) . Just reminding you that at long last the IAM took a shake to itself and realised that folk were "going elsewhere" as they had very little to offer - so they thought- for the post test member. This spawned the Special Assessment and started to give more recognition to the very important role the Observers and Senior Observers play in promoting Advanced Driving.

regards,

Rennie
Halski

Postby PeteG » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:09 pm

Welcome. :D

(18, put in for my Rospa test and awaiting the date... and its bloody good fun. :) )
PeteG

Return to General Car Chat Forum