Driving to France

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby waremark » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:24 am

And they only have a traffic light on your side of the junction, whereas here we have one on our side of the junction and one on the other side of the junction. The traffic light on your side of the junction has a miniature low down, so that is what you look at while you waiting for the lights to change. But I was really making a general point, which is that all the little differences make quite a lot of difference.
waremark

Postby x-Sonia-x » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:47 am

waremark wrote:It seems to me like quite a brave venture for someone who has only once travelled on motorways since taking a lesson

I agree...though it has been on the back burner since i passed me test 18 months ago :mrgreen: Im actually looking at going end of August or Oct half term so I do have bit of time to play with plus I thought id post on here to see what others think and whether anyone thought it would be too much :|

waremark wrote: all the little differences make quite a lot of difference.

I honestly hadnt thought of road markings and even traffic lights being different :shock: You know over the last few years we have travelled by Eurostar, but before that we always flew to Paris and then onward coach...ive tried to rack me brains to remember some of the roads and what it was like...cant remember a thing :oops: :oops: ...wish id paid bit more attention way back then :twisted:

I also looked at me handbook for me car, it doesnt tell me how to change the MPH to KPH :roll: ....suppose I will need to speak to Citroen about that :twisted:
Never climb a fence...much easier to sit on it!!
x-Sonia-x

Postby michael769 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:35 pm

x-Sonia-x wrote:Yes my C3 has digital display...I will take a look in the handbook and see if it can be changed :?

I used to have a C4, there were no instructions to get it changed and I had to call the dealer. They told me I had to bring it in to have it "reprogrammed". I noticed that it took the technician about 2 minutes and he did it in the car park, so I have a suspicion there is some kind of secret key sequence that can be used. They would not tell me what it is (the £10 charge!). It might be worth checking on some of the Citroen forums to see if they know what it is, as driving from the dealer to the tunnel (I am in Scotland) with the speedo reading in kph was not ideal!
Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open
Thomas Robert Dewar(1864-1930)
michael769

Postby michael769 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:39 pm

michael769 wrote:
x-Sonia-x wrote:Yes my C3 has digital display...I will take a look in the handbook and see if it can be changed :?

I used to have a C4, there were no instructions to get it changed and I had to call the dealer. They told me I had to bring it in to have it "reprogrammed". I noticed that it took the technician about 2 minutes and he did it in the car park, so I have a suspicion there is some kind of secret key sequence that can be used. They would not tell me what it is (the £10 charge!). It might be worth checking on some of the Citroen forums to see if they know what it is, as driving from the dealer to the tunnel (I am in Scotland) with the speedo reading in kph was not ideal!

Sorry about the double post but by the power of Google:

The internet says wrote:Switch on ignition
Wait until oil level and service reminders have finished displaying
Use trip-zero (right-hand) button to select total vehicle mileage if necessary
Hold button until display blinks
Release and then press button
Distance and speed is now displayed in km

Same procedure to return to miles

No idea if it is correct but probably worth a try
Minds are like parachutes - they only function when open
Thomas Robert Dewar(1864-1930)
michael769

Postby x-Sonia-x » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:40 pm

michael769 wrote:The internet says wrote:
Switch on ignition

No idea if it is correct but probably worth a try

Just gave this a try...and it doesnt work on my car :twisted: :twisted: ....shame :( ..would of been nice and easy :D

Ive also just been into town to get book/map of driving in France....mmmmm...nothing at all in the book shop...grrr!!! Incidently I wanted a colouring book on the brain...they didnt have that either :roll: ...its okay to have to order over internet but im VERY impatient and want things NOW :lol: :lol:

And also...on me way home I see a gorgeous creamy colour Mustang with the front completely smashed in :shock: :shock: ...me thinks that might be a tad expensive to get repaired :shock:...traffic was at a standstill...everyone just 'ogling' :roll:
x-Sonia-x

Postby x-Sonia-x » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:28 pm

x-Sonia-x wrote:michael769 wrote:
The internet says wrote:
Switch on ignition

I take back my previous post....I have had another go at changing me display...and guess what...I did it :D :D ...I am a happy bunny :D :D

Thank Michael for that xx...I wasnt holding down the button for long enough, you do have to hold it for quite a while :wink:
x-Sonia-x

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum