Australian Road Safety Campaign

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby martine » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:59 pm

From the bbc website:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The roads minister of Victoria in Australia: Tim Pallas has used strong language to criticise Lewis Hamilton after his road car was impounded by Melbourne police.

Mr Pallas criticised the 25-year-old British racing driver on the day that Victoria launched a "Don't Be a Dickhead" road safety campaign.

Asked whether Lewis Hamilton met that description, he said: "OK, I'll say it. He's a dickhead." :shock:

But Australian driver Mark Webber has defended his fellow competitor, saying his homeland had become a nanny state, with ridiculous parking and speeding rules.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You can hear the radio interview here...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8592317.stm

Don't you just love the direct Australian approach...can't really imagine any UK minister doing the same.

PS. In case you don't know Lewis was charged with 'improper use of a motor-vehicle' - I wonder what the criteria are for that? :D
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby Horse » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:22 pm

martine wrote: you just love the direct Australian approach...can't really imagine any UK minister doing the same.

LH was wheelspinning, IIRC
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby jont » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:43 pm

martine wrote:PS. In case you don't know Lewis was charged with 'improper use of a motor-vehicle' - I wonder what the criteria are for that? :D

From what I've understood of the incident, it's not so dissimilar to S59 over here.
jont

Postby MGF » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:13 pm

Suprisingly, only a couple.
MGF

Postby martine » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:40 pm

MGF wrote:Suprisingly, only a couple.

Blimey...I would be guilty serveral times over the last couple of months (snow).
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Return to General Car Chat Forum