My first driving job!!

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby x-Sonia-x » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:45 pm

Thanks Nick

I will take your advice and familiarise myself with the car. My instructors car was Peugeot 307 HDi, soo im hoping it mite be similar to that????? :oops: :oops: If it is coming off clutch etc is much easier, thats why I struggled soo much when I got my first car, as the Peugeot never ever stalled and that seemed to be all I was doin in me own car!! Anyway at least ive had a years driving experience now ......I passed my test a year ago today :D :D that should help me too :)
Never climb a fence...much easier to sit on it!!
x-Sonia-x

Postby x-Sonia-x » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:28 am

Well this may be an old post...but...tonight was my first night Driver training...I have been working for them for 6 months but as a Shift Controller!! Anyway...my first night...first ever home visit...was...ME OWN MOTHER!! Whats the chances of that happening :shock: :shock: ...and me shift lasted all of an hour :lol: ...as I then had to go home to look after her :(
x-Sonia-x

Postby mitchr » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:44 pm

x-Sonia-x wrote:Well this may be an old post...but...tonight was my first night Driver training...I have been working for them for 6 months but as a Shift Controller!! Anyway...my first night...first ever home visit...was...ME OWN MOTHER!! Whats the chances of that happening :shock: :shock: ...and me shift lasted all of an hour :lol: ...as I then had to go home to look after her :(

That's not good. Hope it was nothing too serious. On the plus at least you wouldn't get lost going there ;)
mitchr

Postby x-Sonia-x » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:30 am

mitchr wrote:On the plus at least you wouldn't get lost going there

:lol: :lol: ...this is very true :wink: ...on the minus side...I still havent got to drive the ford focus yet :twisted: :twisted: ...the plan for the evening was the driver that was training me was gonna drive on the way there and me on the way back....except I didnt get that far :twisted: :twisted: The plan is I shall be driving on Sunday...we will see :D :D
x-Sonia-x

Postby 44 Tonnes » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:58 pm

New Focus diesel = flying machine! :D They are very quick.
DSA ADI. RoSPA Gold. LGV C+E
44 Tonnes

Postby martine » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:05 pm

44 Tonnes wrote:New Focus diesel = flying machine! :D They are very quick.

Pah! (Focus ST owner) - sorry couldn't resist...I'm sure the diesel is very nice.

Then there's the new Focus RS500 - now that is just ridiculous (345hp through front wheels?).
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby x-Sonia-x » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:45 pm

martine wrote:44 Tonnes wrote:
New Focus diesel = flying machine! They are very quick.
Pah! (Focus ST owner) - sorry couldn't resist...I'm sure the diesel is very nice.

im sure it must be quicker than me lil C3 :lol: :lol: ...even though im doing lots more shifts at work...im still yet to drive this blinking car.....last time I went out with the driver he said that I was wasting me time training as it wasnt really a job for a woman :shock: :shock: :twisted: ...given me a lil bit more determination to do it now :lol: :lol:
x-Sonia-x

Postby Mr Cholmondeley-Warner » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:44 pm

... and this is supposed to be the person training you? :roll: Do you have the opportunity to ask for a different pairing?
Mr Cholmondeley-Warner

Postby x-Sonia-x » Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:51 pm

Mr Cholmondeley-Warner wrote:... and this is supposed to be the person training you? :roll: Do you have the opportunity to ask for a different pairing?

yes it is...but the thing is this person has come from the ambulance service...has done the job for years...theres a few like that there...and he thinks that (a) they dont need any extra drivers they do alright with the ones they have and (b) its not something for a woman....from the point of view that you are in a marked car, travelling at night and left alone in the car...that bit doesnt actually bother me and i only ever work until midnight anyway...i dont do the overnights!!

But yes I have managed to get another driver to train me...I diplomatically told the office that I would prefer to go out in Chelmsford where id be working...he was training me in Halstead which is about 25 miles away! Hopefully should be going out with him next week!! You wouldnt think it would be soo hard to get to drive the blinking thing :lol: :lol:
x-Sonia-x

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum