Any Bank holiday automotive experiences?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby martine » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:37 am

Just wondered what people were up to over the bank hols...any nice driving/racing/spectating going on?

Me? Driving to Weymouth for my lads football 'tour' in our boring and horrendously understeering Toyota Previa people carrier...so no!
Martin - Bristol IAM: IMI National Observer and Group Secretary, DSA: ADI, Fleet, RoSPA (Dip)
martine

Postby GJD » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:30 am

I'm stuck in the "tax disc and insurance run out on the same day" trap. I've renewed my insurance but the online MID isn't updated and I still haven't received the paper certificate or cover note through the post so there's no way I can buy a tax disc for May.

So no bank holiday motoring automotive experiences for me. At least not in the fun car...
GJD

Postby ScoobyChris » Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:17 pm

I suspect most of my driving over the weekend will be to and from Wickes :lol:

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby redrobo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:23 pm

GJD wrote:I'm stuck in the "tax disc and insurance run out on the same day" trap. I've renewed my insurance but the online MID isn't updated and I still haven't received the paper certificate or cover note through the post so there's no way I can buy a tax disc for May.

So no bank holiday motoring automotive experiences for me. At least not in the fun car...

Dont worry, as long as you do get one running from the 1st, DVLA dont care as they do not lose revenue
redrobo

Postby jont » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:29 pm

Not quite BH, but had a track day at Hullavington today which was a good way to blow out the cobwebs. Very interesting seeing how my driving has developed and changed since I was doing trackdays in the MR2. Rather blown away by a passenger ride from a fellow Elise owner, who was running a supercharged Honda engine with *double* my horsepower. Couldn't stop giggling for about 5 laps :lol:

Family gathering for the rest of the weekend so won't be getting much driving done.
jont

Postby redrobo » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:32 pm

jont wrote:Not quite BH, but had a track day at Hullavington today which was a good way to blow out the cobwebs. Very interesting seeing how my driving has developed and changed since I was doing trackdays in the MR2. Rather blown away by a passenger ride from a fellow Elise owner, who was running a supercharged Honda engine with *double* my horsepower. Couldn't stop giggling for about 5 laps :lol:

Family gathering for the rest of the weekend so won't be getting much driving done.

was that with Ed Moore?
redrobo

Postby jont » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:59 pm

redrobo wrote:was that with Ed Moore?

Yes, or at least the trackday was run by his company Motorsport events.
jont

Postby Big Err » Tue May 04, 2010 7:47 pm

Bank holidays mean a glorious morning drive to work with hardly anyone else on the road, then chaos on the way home as the masses fill the roads with cars overburdened with a variety of flat packs and gardening purchases balanced precariously on their motors in a variety of (often ingenious) ways!
Opinions expressed are mine and not necessarily those of my employers or clients.
Big Err

Postby GJD » Tue May 04, 2010 8:31 pm

redrobo wrote:
GJD wrote:I'm stuck in the "tax disc and insurance run out on the same day" trap.

Dont worry, as long as you do get one running from the 1st, DVLA dont care as they do not lose revenue

Got it all sorted last minute in the end so I went and had a play on Saturday. And then again on Monday :) . Nowhere in particular, just some local yellow and white roads I'd not been on before. I must have picked either the right time or the right roads as I seemed to have all the best bits to myself.
GJD

Return to General Car Chat Forum