Another Newbie IAM member

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Mort » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:09 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the lack of posts here’s hoping I can contribute a little more over the coming months,

I passed my IAM test on Friday, thank you to everyone who posts here; you are full of useful tips!

My local IAM group has asked me if I would like to return as an observer are there any other observers out there who can give me tips or advice?
Mort

Postby crr003 » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:14 pm

Mort wrote:I passed my IAM test on Friday

Well done Mort, and welcome!
crr003

Postby madmoggy » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:20 pm

crr003 wrote:
Mort wrote:I passed my IAM test on Friday

Well done Mort, and welcome!

Wot he said :D
As for observing, I find it very useful as it keeps me thinking about what I am doing rather than possibly lapsing into bad habits again, and its a good feeling when your associate passes their test. As for tips, take it easy, dont rush, and listen to the senior observers and never think you can stop learning.
Stick around and let us know how it goes
madmoggy

Postby waremark » Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:23 pm

madmoggy wrote:
crr003 wrote:
Mort wrote: listen to the senior observers and never think you can stop learning.

Yes, well done from me too. There a quite a few of us here who are observers.

As well as listening to your senior observer or trainer, also listen to your Associate. What is his driving background, why is he doing this, does he think he has any particular problems with his driving, is there anything special he wants to get out of the training other than just to pass the IAM?? And does he understand what you are trying to tell him. If you find out about these things it helps you get on the same wavelength and makes it easier to coach him.
waremark

Postby TripleS » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:16 am

hpcdriver wrote:As well as listening to your senior observer or trainer, also listen to your Associate. What is his driving background, why is he doing this, does he think he has any particular problems with his driving, is there anything special he wants to get out of the training other than just to pass the IAM?? And does he understand what you are trying to tell him. If you find out about these things it helps you get on the same wavelength and makes it easier to coach him.

Mark (I think it's Mark isn't it?) thank you very much indeed for that.

I don't suppose you would like to have a word with this IAM Observer chap over in Scarborough....? He could use a bit of help from you.

BTW, welcome Mort and congratulations.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby ScoobyChris » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:54 am

Well done Mort! :D You wouldn't be a fellow Brisky member would you? :lol:

Chris
ScoobyChris

Postby crr003 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:46 pm

TripleS wrote:...I don't suppose you would like to have a word with this IAM Observer chap over in Scarborough....? He could use a bit of help from you.

Triple - you have to let this go now.........you'll be getting an ulcer :wink:
crr003

Postby TripleS » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:02 pm

crr003 wrote:
TripleS wrote:...I don't suppose you would like to have a word with this IAM Observer chap over in Scarborough....? He could use a bit of help from you.

Triple - you have to let this go now.........you'll be getting an ulcer :wink:

Oh I don't think I'm anywhere near the front of the queue for that problem....but thanks for your concern. :)

You ought to see the state some folk are getting in elsewhere, just because I'm not swallowing everything they say hook, line and sinker.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby crr003 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:22 pm

TripleS wrote:Oh I don't think I'm anywhere near the front of the queue for that problem....but thanks for your concern. :)

Well OK then, as long as you're having fun.....
crr003

Postby Lady Godiva » Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:15 pm

Well done I say, well done.

Like you I am thinking about becoming an Onserver. I found this post very useful, and very sensible.

http://www.advanced-driving.co.uk/bb/vi ... .php?t=248

Good luck with your driving whatever happens.

Regards
Sally
Lady Godiva

Postby TripleS » Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:07 pm

crr003 wrote:
TripleS wrote:Oh I don't think I'm anywhere near the front of the queue for that problem....but thanks for your concern. :)

Well OK then, as long as you're having fun.....

....and not upsetting the good guys, I hope.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Return to General Car Chat Forum