Driving Style Change

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby foxtrot_mike » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:41 am

Has anyone else noticed, since doing AD and subsequently their driving style has changed and that your car no longer seems to fit your drving style as well any more?

Or is is just me?
IAM Member
Cornwall
foxtrot_mike

Postby Gareth » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:09 am

Perhaps you can expand on what you mean? In what ways doesn't your car suit you now?

I think each person has their own 'style' of driving, but should adapt that to fit in with the characteristics of the car they drive.
there is only the road, nothing but the road ...
Gareth

Postby foxtrot_mike » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:47 pm

There are several reasons

After driving minibuses les I feel more comfortable in larger (higher) vehicles

IAM has slowed my driving pace down a bit focusing more on smoothness but my car, being a sporty model just wants to go :evil: :twisted:

Following a recent post about gear shifing, for which I have tried to change my behavour im still getting problems and no longer happy with the box (but im still persevering)
IAM Member
Cornwall
foxtrot_mike

Postby Gareth » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:02 pm

foxtrot_mike wrote:IAM has slowed my driving pace down a bit focusing more on smoothness but my car, being a sporty model just wants to go

You can still accelerate briskly while being smooth - they are not mutually exclusive. Similarly braking - no need to have long drawn out braking; can still have smooth transitions that include a period of firm braking in the middle.

foxtrot_mike wrote:Following a recent post about gear shifing, for which I have tried to change my behavour im still getting problems and no longer happy with the box (but im still persevering)

Care to elaborate?
Gareth

Postby foxtrot_mike » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Gareth wrote:Care to elaborate?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3650&p=72116#p72116
IAM Member
Cornwall
foxtrot_mike

Postby Gareth » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:46 pm

After all the suggestions in the referenced thread, how are things now?
Gareth

Postby Horse » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:08 pm

foxtrot_mike wrote: IAM has slowed my driving pace down a bit focusing more on smoothness but my car, being a sporty model just wants to go :evil: :twisted:

Perhaps set yourself a diferent challenge? Concentrate on, for example, accuracy of positioning?
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Return to General Car Chat Forum