Short Notice - Evening drive South Derbyshire

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby brianhaddon » Sat May 19, 2007 9:45 am

I know this is a bit short notice but....
Anyone fancy a drive next Wednesday (23rd May 2007) evening? I live in Repton, South Derbyshire (between Derby and Burton on Trent) and as they say ...somewhere... - a window of opportunity has arisen. If anyone wants to, can, is willing then please PM me - or respond on this thread.
Brian Haddon
brianhaddon

Postby James » Sat May 19, 2007 11:40 am

If only you were a little further south!
James

Postby TripleS » Sat May 19, 2007 11:43 am

brianhaddon wrote:I know this is a bit short notice but....
Anyone fancy a drive next Wednesday (23rd May 2007) evening? I live in Repton, South Derbyshire (between Derby and Burton on Trent) and as they say ...somewhere... - a window of opportunity has arisen. If anyone wants to, can, is willing then please PM me - or respond on this thread.
Brian Haddon

Brian - ages ago the two of us briefly discussed the idea of a drive together, but we never got round to it. I'll have a think about what you are now suggesting.

Even if I don't make it, I hope somebody will join in.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby jasonh » Sat May 19, 2007 1:09 pm

I'd liked to have come along since I live nearby in Derby, but I'm afraid I have exams the next morning.

Oh, and there is a small football match on...
Last edited by jasonh on Sat May 19, 2007 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IAM April 2008
jasonh

Postby TripleS » Sat May 19, 2007 1:41 pm

James wrote:If only you were a little further south!

Coo, I don't know. These southerners just don't want to travel, do they? :)

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby brianhaddon » Sun May 20, 2007 4:56 pm

James - yes 'tis a pity, but when I am down that way again we can go for another drive. Anyway you are quite welcome to come up north. North? I wonder what Dave would say!
Dave - Yes we will have to figure out a way of getting a drive together. I almost came up your way(ish) this weekend. My cousin lives in Middlesborough and is celebrating a 'milestone' birthday. I was invited to the celebration but couldn't make it.
Jason - Keep up the studies!! Perhaps another time as you live so close? We could just go for a run around the local Derbyshire roads on a one-to-one basis if you like. Could be mutually beneficial!
Oh :oops: didn't think of the football. :roll: Haven't followed it for a while. I suppose you are referring to Derby County? Should know better - a mate of mine works for them.
Anyway if anyone out there still fancies a drive? It doesn't have to be on my doorstep I notice quite a few of you are relatively 'close'.
brianhaddon

Postby jasonh » Sun May 20, 2007 5:14 pm

brianhaddon wrote:I suppose you are referring to Derby County?

Nope - Liverpool!
IAM April 2008
jasonh

Postby brianhaddon » Sun May 20, 2007 10:21 pm

jasonh wrote:
brianhaddon wrote:I suppose you are referring to Derby County?

Nope - Liverpool!

Oh :?

See - told you I didn't follow football.
brianhaddon

Postby TripleS » Wed May 23, 2007 11:15 am

Right then - confirmation:

I'll see you at 1830/1900 this evening, Brian.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby Gromit37 » Wed May 23, 2007 11:21 am

Trust me not to log in for a few days and miss this one! I'm at my girlfriends's in Kimberley, Notts tonight which isn't too far away, but I'm not sure I can make it :-(

Last Sunday I drove up to Over Haddon via Criche Cromford, Via Gellia and lots of nice twisty backroads on the way to Lathkill Dale, which was very entertaining, so that's the kind of thing I'd like to try again pretty soon.

Have a good drive!

Ian
Gromit37

Postby TripleS » Wed May 23, 2007 12:02 pm

Brian - having regard to roadworks etc., would you advise me to come off the M1 at J28 and use the A38, or go further south on the M1 and then head west on the A50?

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby brianhaddon » Wed May 23, 2007 10:59 pm

Just to say thanks to Dave (TripleS) for the drive this evening. I t was nice to meet you and put a face to the name. We had a drive each and I found it quite enjoyable. The intention wasn't for anything formal - just like minded people going for a drive and comparing techniques. I hope Dave found it as successful as I did. Look forward to next time and if anyone else fancies a drive just PM me.
Brian Haddon
brianhaddon

Postby TripleS » Thu May 24, 2007 12:12 pm

brianhaddon wrote:Just to say thanks to Dave (TripleS) for the drive this evening. I t was nice to meet you and put a face to the name. We had a drive each and I found it quite enjoyable. The intention wasn't for anything formal - just like minded people going for a drive and comparing techniques. I hope Dave found it as successful as I did. Look forward to next time and if anyone else fancies a drive just PM me.
Brian Haddon

Hiya Brian,

Many thanks for your hospitality and the drives yesterday evening. I enjoyed it very much, and as usual there are things to think about and adjustments to consider.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby Big Err » Thu May 24, 2007 12:21 pm

A bit more notice next time and maybe we could get a Scots contingent together for a journey south if you make it a Sunday drive.

Sunday 7th October might be good for a morning drive in the Peaks area - it might attract a few conference go-ers who will be down that way. Rennie?

Cheers

Eric
Big Err

Postby Gromit37 » Fri May 25, 2007 8:32 am

Sounds like it was a good evening. I hope there is another one around the Peak district in the near future.
Gromit37

Next

Return to General Car Chat Forum