Top Gear or 5th Gear?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Tog Gear or 5th Gear?

Top Gear
72%
5th Gear
14%
Other (please specify)
6%
Got better things to do!
8%

Total votes : 36

Postby TripleS » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:12 pm

martine wrote:Your fav...

I don't bother with either. There's too much silliness in both of those programmes for my taste.

I can appreciate they have entertainment value for many people, so good luck to them on that score, but I would like to see them doing a bit more constructive stuff aimed at enthusiastic (but good and safe) road driving; and hitting the government hard.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby TripleS » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:16 pm

Red Herring wrote:5th gear did a bit once on Advanced driving, sort of. They had VBH sit in on a Police Advanced car course then the instructor raced her round a circuit, and lost of course.....

She had a ride in a Traffic car and did a bit of driving herself, but in terms of Advanced Driving courses it didn't seem to amount to much IIRC.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby vonhosen » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:20 pm

waremark wrote:I would appreciate comments from our police friends on: "At one point you were doing 130, you slowed to 100 for some red lights". If the accompanying shot related to this, there were vehicles aroung the lights.

What ever comes out of the editing suite isn't necessarily an accurate reflection of the reality.
Any views expressed are mine & mine alone.
I do not represent my employer or these forums.
vonhosen

Postby Renny » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:15 am

Top Gear for entertainment. Although as others have said, there is little "affordable car" content these days. It is all an entertainment show.

5th Gear is annoying, it tries to be like Top Gear, but fails. Jason Plato annoys me for some reason, Tiff and VBH may be acomplished drivers, but are not engaging as presenters.

There used to be a show on Scottish TV that was down to earth but it probably didn't get the required ratings for it to continue.
Renny
MM0KOZ
MSA Scrutineer (Note: Any comments posted here are my own views and not those of the MSA)
BMW 118d Sport Image
Land Rover Discoveryhttp://www.disco3.co.uk
Lotus Elise S2 http://www.scottishelises.com

Renny

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum