Ford introduces "limiting" key for worried parents

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby TripleS » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:45 am

waremark wrote:
TripleS wrote:We could still get around perfectly adequately in that sort of thing - except I suppose there would be howls of protest from my friend from I know not Ware. :lol:

Quite! - and meanwhile please feel free to wash up without a dishwasher, to cut the grass without a lawn mower, to wash your hair without shampoo, oh and did I mention to travel around without the benefit of that new-fangled device the motor?

:lol: Well you have rather exaggerated my proposition. All I'm suggesting is that we could manage perfectly well without a good deal of the complexity and sophistication we now take for granted.

Sorry about the headlamp reference, which might have been a bit cheeky, but to me that was an outrageous cost for replacing what could have been a much simpler and quite adequate lighting system. Of course it is better than what we had, for example, 20-30 years ago, but just how restricted and deprived would we really feel if we were to revert to using that standard of lighting? Night driving in those days was still perfectly satisfactory.

Incidentally we don't have a mechanical dishwasher - that's one of my jobs - and I'll have you know I'm quite good at it :cool: so to us it would merely be a waste of money.

I'm not saying we should do away with all devices and aids, like not having a lawnmower at all or indeed a car at all - but we don't need as much fancy gadgetry and complexity as we now seem to have, together with all the extra cost involved.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Postby waremark » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:43 pm

TripleS wrote:Sorry about the headlamp reference, which might have been a bit cheeky, but to me that was an outrageous cost for replacing what could have been a much simpler and quite adequate lighting system.
Needless to say I completely agree that the cost of my headlamp unit was outrageous.
waremark

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum