Top gear - Porsche GT2 time?

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby jbsportstech » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:31 pm

I have always prefered the GT2 over the turbo its the proper drivers car but some argue its a track toy rather than an everyday car.

I like the gtr but its a bit I am put off by the fct the computers take alot of skill out of the drive plus in the uk spec models at least if you remove the TC its recorded on the ecu and voids the nissan warrenty which seems a bit pointless. Anyone seem JC Thriller DVD as he shows u the manual and then promptly turns it off. :D
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Postby TripleS » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:52 pm

Renny wrote:Triple S,

your post reminds me of a story told by a friend who a few years ago worked for Mr Stewart, first at the Shooting, then as his Chauffeur. Due to some problem or other, he was going to be very pushed for time to get JYS to a meeting in Central London. JYS suggested that he drove - Alan's comments were along the lines of how smooth and rapidly they travelled, with no apparent rush or drama. A Master at Work..

Yes, I think I've heard that one previously as well. Splendid stuff.

I wonder how much the limit handling skills came into play on that drive...... :cool:

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum