Scrappage scheme for old cars.

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby brianhaddon » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:03 pm

I'm afraid I just don't get this scheme. How many people who are running ten year old cars will be thinking of a new or for that matter nearly new car for the next? My car is only six years old but to replace it with an equivalent new car I would have to spend over £20000 so £2000 isn't going to make much difference.
Is this another scheme to get people buying small runabouts?
There have been times when I have bought new but then I didn't have a ten year old car to dispose of. There have been times when I have had a ten year old car but then I didn't have the ability to buy new, £2000 off or not.
Regards
Brian Haddon
brianhaddon

Postby MGF » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:30 pm

I must admit I am thinking of taking advantage of this. Getting myself a cheap to run small car. Will have to see whether or not the dealers will still be offering additional discounts.
MGF

Postby jbsportstech » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:05 pm

MGF wrote:I must admit I am thinking of taking advantage of this. Getting myself a cheap to run small car. Will have to see whether or not the dealers will still be offering additional discounts.

Why don't you buy 6 month - 1 year old car that has lost more than 2k. That way your better off and have a better car, the whole thing is so short sighted in mind it just shows how out of touch the goverment are, unless its just to appear to helping the car industry in time for next years election.
Regards James

To the average driver 'safe' is not having accidents. To an advanced driver 'safe' is not being vulnerable to an accident.
jbsportstech

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum