Illuminted Number Plates Now Fitted

Forum for general chat, news, blogs, humour, jokes etc.

Postby Horse » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:37 pm

TripleS wrote:
Horse wrote: From 2011, buy a new car you won't have a choice . . . What I don't understand is that the likes of Audi decide you 'need' a row of bright LEDs to be seen in daylight, so they paint the car grey or black. :roll:

Last I heard about this it was still being argued about and it seemed as if it might not go ahead, so I very much hope you are wrong there. I've now had my present car for almost nine years and 132,000 miles, and I've enjoyed the economy of it, so I'm hoping it will survive to the end of my driving days.

I'd like to think you're right, but as far as I know it's EU regs from 2012 but the manufacturers are all implementing from 2011.

We already have it for bikes, AFAIK it's now impossible to buy a 'mainstream' bike with a headlamp 'off' switch :evil:

Mileage? That's a bit low, isn't it? My '02 Astra diesel's up to 137K and going well :)
Anything posted by 'Horse' may be (C) Malcolm Palmer. Please ask for permission before considering any copying or re-use outside of forum posting.
Horse

Postby Octy_Ross » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:11 am

My Octy, reg'd Feb 06 - last time I looked had 99,567 on the clock.

By the end of next week it'll be over 100,000 :-D

By the end of the year, you can add another 1000....
Octy_Ross

Postby TripleS » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:11 am

Horse wrote:
TripleS wrote:
Horse wrote: From 2011, buy a new car you won't have a choice . . . What I don't understand is that the likes of Audi decide you 'need' a row of bright LEDs to be seen in daylight, so they paint the car grey or black. :roll:

Last I heard about this it was still being argued about and it seemed as if it might not go ahead, so I very much hope you are wrong there. I've now had my present car for almost nine years and 132,000 miles, and I've enjoyed the economy of it, so I'm hoping it will survive to the end of my driving days.

I'd like to think you're right, but as far as I know it's EU regs from 2012 but the manufacturers are all implementing from 2011.

We already have it for bikes, AFAIK it's now impossible to buy a 'mainstream' bike with a headlamp 'off' switch :evil:

Mileage? That's a bit low, isn't it? My '02 Astra diesel's up to 137K and going well :)

The way increasingly tiresome features are being incorporated in new cars, I'm not sure who is worse: governments or the vehicle manufacturers. They seem to be colluding to be a PITA.

Anyhow, with regard to mileage, CUBby now has 137,000 on the clock, which is above average for a June 2000 car, but Eileen's MX-5 has only 22,000 on it, and that is a 2002 car. That's what I call low mileage.

Best wishes all,
Dave.
TripleS

Previous

Return to General Car Chat Forum